Windows 7 Need help to eradicate BSOD

nato

Ok Guys

I really need some help here

I built myself a new computer last week. When I installed Windows 7 on it and some of the drivers, at completely random intervals it would BSOD.

Now I have noticed a pattern, it usually comes up with 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it mentions NTSKRNL.EXE

I have tried re-installing Windows (up to my 5th time now) and tried to do things differently

I have tried

Using different driver sets, both old and new
I have installed one driver at a time and let it go, when it BSOD's I do a restore on it and let it go. It still does it

I have ran a full Memtest and MHDD to make sure that the hardware is OK, all comes back good

I just tried to install Windows 8, it came up with a blue screen saying my computer had experienced an error and had to restart during the installation.

To be honest, kind of at my wits end here, I have never had this much trouble installing an OS before.

I am willing to post information on Blue Screen Events, Minidump files, anything that you guys need to help me solve this.

It has been a week since I have built it and after installing drivers, i dont think it stays up for more then 20 minutes before having a blue screen event.

Please help

I built myself a new computer last week. When I installed Windows 7 on it and some of the drivers, at completely random intervals it would BSOD.
<>
It has been a week since I have built it and after installing drivers, i dont think it stays up for more then 20 minutes before having a blue screen event.

Hi -

Any problems during the actual installation of either Windows 7 or Windows 8 - or do problems begin once the 3rd party drivers are installed?

What drivers are being installed? For what devices?

Do you have an SSD? If so, is the firmware upgraded?

I have tried
Using different driver sets, both old and new
Where do you get these 'driver sets' from?

e.g., System manufacturer? Mobo manufacturer? Other?

Are you going to the official driver download site or other like CNET (never a good idea)?

Now I have noticed a pattern, it usually comes up with 0x000000d1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it mentions NTSKRNL.EXE

ntoskrnl.exe = Windows NT Kernel & Executive

It is listed as the probable cause in BSODs simply as a default -- It is never the actual cause.

What is the origin of the Windows 7 ISO?
" " Windows 8 ISO?

Are they full retail copies or OEM?

Are you installing Windows via DVD or USB?

Please provide additional system info.

Download this app - http://sysnative.com/0x8/BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe

Save to Documents. RIGHT-click on the EXE, "Run as Administrator"

Let it run - may take 5+ minutes.

Output = new folder Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 in Documents -- zip up the folder & attach to next post.

It works fine for Windows 8 too.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Please close this thread as it is now solved

Turns out the fix was to unplug my SSD, and plug back in.

Have not had one BSOD so far and this week has taught me that any BSOD will occur in 15 minutes, this time it has been several hours without one single problem.

Cheers for the help guys

Back