Windows 11 Need information about windows 11

LeaKitty33

Hi everybody :)

I have been using Linux for a few years and I heard about Windows 11 and its WSL and would like to have some information. (WARNING, a lot of information o_O)

1) Can we have shortcuts on the corners of the screen ? Like on Gnome (similar to this project under windows : GitHub - vhanla/winxcorners: Hot corners for Windows 10 )​
2) Is it possible to scroll the desktop by positioning the mouse on the taskbar and using the mouse wheel (like on Gnome) ?​
3) Is it possible to easily open the file manager in "admin" mode ?​
4) WSL - Can we increase the default size of Linux bones ? I could find the answer (link: Windows 11 + WSL2)​
5) WSL - Is it possible to open a file in a Linux environment with a code editor installed in Windows ? In order to avoid going through the linux terminal. I could find the answer (link : Windows 11 + VSC + WSL2)​

My English is not perfect...

Last edited:
WSL 2 is an emulation layer that can sit on top of Windows and it can run anything cmd or gui Linux binary. It runs near identically to Linux on bare metal performance wise.

WSL 2 is an emulation layer that can sit on top of Windows and it can run anything cmd or gui Linux binary. It runs near identically to Linux on bare metal performance wise.
Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I could learn more about Microsoft's official website and actually it's very interesting this WSL2.
Would you be more about my first two questions ? Who are mostly questions of practices I use on a daily basis under Linux.

Don't use anything like 1. You can use something like auto hot keys to assign any shortcuts to any key combo.
I don't know what you mean with number 2. Do you mean switch between desktops?

I think he is asking if the desktop space detects the mouse location as being over the taskbar and the basic answer is no but it would not matter because scrolling the mouse wheel defaults to scrolling any screen on top so the end result is the same

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom