.NET Analyzer Package Round-up

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Anders Lybeckers recently posted this great .NET Analyzer round-up. A few I've seen and highlighted but a couple I'd not, which makes his post one of my favorite kinds... :)

A few recent related posts;

.NET compiler platform (Roslyn) analyzer packages

The greatest new feature in Visual Studio 2015 is the .NET compiler platform previously known as Roslyn. The .NET Compiler Platform is an open source compiler for C# and VB with rich code analysis APIs. It enables developers to build code analysis tool like code analyzers, fixes and refactorings.

The community has built a number of packages containing great analyzers, fixes and refactorings. These can be installed either as a Visual Studio 2015 Extension or at project level as NuGet packages.

Refactoring Essentials

Refactoring Essentials contains approx. 200 code analyzers, fixes and refactorings
Simple defensive code analyzers like parameter checking.

CSharp Essentials

CSharp Essentials focuses on the new features in C# 6 such as the nameof operator, string interpolation, auto-properties and expression-bodied methods.

SonarLint

SonarLint for C# has great analyzers too as Christiaan Rakowski points out in the comments. One of them warns about logical paths that will never be reached or simplified.

Platform Specific Analyzer

With Windows 10 and the new Universal Windows Platform you as the developer need to make sure that the Windows App does not use an API not supported on the platform you are targeting. This is exactly what the Platform Specific Analyzer package does for both C# and VB.

[Click through to suggest others and read the entire post]

SonarLint has an interesting approach in showing off its capabilities, showing how it can help find bugs and issues in real world projects (like NuGet and Roslyn itself)

And as you might expect, SonarLint is free and open source...

Follow @CH9
Follow @coding4fun
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom