wnclee

Hey guys, have a problem and need your help, any help...I just purchased GreenPrint Home Premimum and need to have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed for the program to work, their site also specifies you have Windows Installer befor the Service Pack can be downloaded...When I try to download both, either of 2 things happens: 1. nothing at all or 2. error message "not enough storage" to install the Service Pack...I went into the registry and increased the IRPStackSize considerably...Have 650 gigs left, so not a problem, but am frustrated because I know the fix is a simple one...Consider myself and advanced user and my computer is in great shape...I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit and have installed the Windows 7 SP1...Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks, wnclee

Solution
It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on your Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system, despite having sufficient storage space available. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:​

1. Check Windows Update Service:
    • Ensure that the Windows Update service is running smoothly. Sometimes, issues with Windows Update can prevent the installation of components like .NET Framework.
    []Install .NET Framework 3.5 Using DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management):
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:
      Code:
       DISM /Online...
It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on your Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system, despite having sufficient storage space available. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:​

1. Check Windows Update Service:
    • Ensure that the Windows Update service is running smoothly. Sometimes, issues with Windows Update can prevent the installation of components like .NET Framework.
    []Install .NET Framework 3.5 Using DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management):
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command:
      Code:
       DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:\sources\sxs
      Replace D: with the drive letter of your Windows installation media.
    [
    ]Download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Offline Installer:
    • Download the offline installer for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from the official Microsoft website and install it manually rather than relying on Windows Update.
    []Check System Files Integrity:
    • Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check and repair system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run:
      Code:
       sfc /scannow
    [
    ]Clean Boot:
    • Perform a clean boot to ensure no third-party software is interfering with the installation process.
      • Press Windows key + R, type msconfig, go to the "Services" tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services," then click "Disable all." Restart your computer and try installing .NET Framework 3.5 again.
    []Use the .NET Framework Repair Tool:
    • Microsoft provides a .NET Framework Repair Tool that can help fix common installation problems. Download and run the tool to see if it resolves the issue.
    [
    ]Ensure Windows Installer Service is Running:
    • Check if the Windows Installer service is running and set to start automatically. Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, locate the Windows Installer service, right-click, and select "Start." Try these steps and see if you can successfully install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on your system. If the issue persists, please provide any error messages received during the installation process for further assistance.

Solution
Back