KageOni

I switched to Windows 7 a few weeks ago and everything was fine. I downloaded Kaspersky antivirus and every thing started to go down hill.

It started when I noticed that my feed demon RSS feed reader couldn't connect. Then I couldn't upload things to Gmail, a big issue. Then it was photobucket. Then I noticed IE doesn't work anymore when Firefox did.

I tried allowing it in Kas, then turning off Kas off, then allowing it in the windows firewall, then uninstialling Kas, then turning off every possible firewall option in windows.

I am at the end of my rope with this, but I would like to avoid reinstalling just for this.

Solution
It sounds like Kaspersky antivirus might be causing compatibility issues with some of your applications and web services. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issues without having to reinstall Windows 7: 1. Disable Kaspersky Antivirus Temporarily: - Disable Kaspersky Antivirus temporarily to see if your applications and web services start working again. 2. Check Kaspersky Settings: - Ensure that Kaspersky is not blocking specific applications or websites unintentionally. Check the settings and exclusions in Kaspersky to see if any restrictions are causing the issues. 3. Reset Windows Firewall Settings: - Sometimes, changes made by third-party antivirus software can affect the Windows...
It sounds like Kaspersky antivirus might be causing compatibility issues with some of your applications and web services. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issues without having to reinstall Windows 7: 1. Disable Kaspersky Antivirus Temporarily: - Disable Kaspersky Antivirus temporarily to see if your applications and web services start working again. 2. Check Kaspersky Settings: - Ensure that Kaspersky is not blocking specific applications or websites unintentionally. Check the settings and exclusions in Kaspersky to see if any restrictions are causing the issues. 3. Reset Windows Firewall Settings: - Sometimes, changes made by third-party antivirus software can affect the Windows Firewall settings. Resetting the Windows Firewall to its default settings might help. You can do this by running the following command in Command Prompt:
Code:
 netsh advfirewall reset
4. Check Network Connection Settings: - Ensure that your network connection settings are correct and that there are no conflicts with Kaspersky or other security software. 5. Run System File Checker (SFC): - Running the System File Checker tool can help repair missing or corrupted system files that may be causing the issues. To run SFC, open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command:
Code:
 sfc /scannow
6. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure that your Windows 7 operating system is up to date by checking for and installing any available updates. Some updates may include fixes for known compatibility issues. 7. Reinstall Applications: - If the above steps do not resolve the issues, you may need to reinstall the specific applications that are not working properly, such as the feed demon RSS feed reader, IE, etc. Try these steps sequentially and see if any of them help resolve the compatibility issues you're facing. If none of these steps work, reinstalling Windows 7 might be the last resort to ensure a clean slate for your system.

Solution