Windows 7 Network share database problem

ktopgun

I have a share database by two Windows 7 pcs (server is home premium ,client is Windows 7 basic)
My problem : when i want to access program database from client it takes more than 2 min.
How can i fix it because if pcs are XP there is no slow access time
Thank you.

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing slow access times when trying to access a shared database from a Windows 7 Basic client connected to a Windows 7 Home Premium server, specifically compared to the faster access times you had when using Windows XP machines. To address this slow access issue on your Windows 7 setup, you can try the following steps: 1. Check Network Connectivity: - Ensure that both the server and the client have a stable network connection. Slow network speeds can significantly impact access times. 2. Disable IPv6: - Sometimes, disabling IPv6 can improve network performance on Windows 7 machines. You can disable IPv6 by: - Go to "Network and Sharing Center" in Control Panel. - Click on the network connection...
It seems like you are experiencing slow access times when trying to access a shared database from a Windows 7 Basic client connected to a Windows 7 Home Premium server, specifically compared to the faster access times you had when using Windows XP machines. To address this slow access issue on your Windows 7 setup, you can try the following steps: 1. Check Network Connectivity: - Ensure that both the server and the client have a stable network connection. Slow network speeds can significantly impact access times. 2. Disable IPv6: - Sometimes, disabling IPv6 can improve network performance on Windows 7 machines. You can disable IPv6 by: - Go to "Network and Sharing Center" in Control Panel. - Click on the network connection. - Uncheck the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)". 3. Adjust Network Sharing Settings: - Check the network sharing settings on both machines to ensure that file sharing is properly configured and optimized for performance. 4. Check Anti-virus and Firewall Settings: - Verify that the antivirus or firewall software on both machines is not causing any delays in accessing shared resources. Temporarily disable them to test if they are the root cause. 5. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that the network drivers on both machines are up to date. Outdated network drivers can lead to performance issues. 6. Optimize Database Access: - Check the database settings and consider optimizing it for better performance. Consult the database documentation for any specific recommendations. 7. Consider Upgrading: - Windows 7 is an older operating system, and mixing it with newer hardware might lead to compatibility issues. Consider upgrading to a newer version of Windows for better performance and compatibility. By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially resolve the slow access times to your shared database on your Windows 7 machines.

Solution
Back