Networking with a Mac from a Mac

I have 32-bit Win 7 installed on a 2.0Ghz black MacBook. Thanks to Dennis, I've been able to connect to my Mac Mini share via smb. After less than 2 minutes of connecting to the smb share, however, Win 7 will BSOD with an IRQ error. This only happens if I open a smb connection to my Mac, otherwise, Win 7 is solid for everything else on the network/Internet. I installed the drivers from 2.1 BootCamp.

Have any other mac users out there noticed stability issues connecting to smb shares?

that stinks

I am connecting from a Dell XPS630 to a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 tower. My Life (Pictures, Movies, TV shows, etc) is on a Drobo Connected via USB. I have no problems. I am streaming to media center. I will tell you I am using all the drivers provided by windows because if I install the latest nvidia drivers for the Dell Motherboard and ethernet, I have to roll back the system because of the blue screen! But with Windows update drivers-Perfect!
I suspect a driver issue on your Mac.

I have not replaced the Bootcamp XP on my macbook Pro with win 7 so Guess I'm no help.

I am connecting from a Dell XPS630 to a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 tower. My Life (Pictures, Movies, TV shows, etc) is on a Drobo Connected via USB. I have no problems. I am streaming to media center. I will tell you I am using all the drivers provided by windows because if I install the latest nvidia drivers for the Dell Motherboard and ethernet, I have to roll back the system because of the blue screen! But with Windows update drivers-Perfect!
I suspect a driver issue on your Mac.

I have not replaced the Bootcamp XP on my macbook Pro with win 7 so Guess I'm no help.
Thanks for the help. You are right about it being a driver issue. I suspect it has to do with the Atheros wireless NIC on my MacBook, for smb connections over the Ethernet port are fine.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.