Windows 7 New Case

Plus you can run two 4870X2's in crossfire creating a 4 GPU set up which would be very difficult to do with four single cards.. Mind you, I'm not sure how the drivers would handle it as sometimes the drivers struggle to handle two cards let alone 4!

Plus you can run two 4870X2's in crossfire creating a 4 GPU set up which would be very difficult to do with four single cards.. Mind you, I'm not sure how the drivers would handle it as sometimes the drivers struggle to handle two cards let alone 4!

You are right and I may do that in the future. Don't know why though, I never found a game that my 387X2 couldn't run so I don't know why I would "need" 2 4870X2 cards but that don't mean I don't want 2 cards. :D

I hope it will be here by the weekend so I can get it installed and run the crap outta it. Link Removed due to 404 Error
I gotta check the temps..I heard about high temps..if so I'm gonna disassemble it and replace stock thermal compound w/ Artic Silver 5 :cool:

I always do that as they usually have that grey skicky pad stuck between the H/S and chip. Mind you, I don't normally bother doing it until I give it a 'de-fluffing'.... The 4870 chip does run warm though.. If I keep my fan at stock (which apparently is around 25% fan speed) the temp idles at 78c (80c load)! Using the Catalyst drivers though, I raise the fan speed to 35% and it drops to 42c idle,45c load, so nots so bad.
I'm not sure about the 4870X2 fans but if they are anything like my model they are loud and I mean loud. At 35% it's not so bad but any more and phew, it's a helicopter....seriously... and I don't really mind hearing fans as long as they're not too loud.
Anyhow, a small price for the performance gained..

It's Here!!
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Link Removed due to 404 Error
ATI done it different than the 3870x2.
They put both GPU's on one board so you don't have to enable crossfire to use both GPU's

Gee I hate ordering stuff and it does come. I do hope for your sake it will arrive shortly. Once I order something I am in the ready to get it going mood and I always hate to be disappointed. So kemical you are getting the Phenom? Sounds nice, be interested to hear how it works. You know my brother has a quad core but, as of yet he is still running it stock and man it's slower than my machine. The new memory is running like a champ and now I wish I had done it earlier on. I am thinking about but, only lightly something like the Radeon 3450 or 3650 but, I wonder if it will work with my outfit. What power supply would I need for the 3650 or 3450?

Yup, looks about right for your setup....

Like the red glow, I bet it looks great in the dark..

I've just sprayed my front mesh, red. I'll include a snap or two eventually..

Gee I hate ordering stuff and it does come. I do hope for your sake it will arrive shortly. Once I order something I am in the ready to get it going mood and I always hate to be disappointed. So kemical you are getting the Phenom? Sounds nice, be interested to hear how it works. You know my brother has a quad core but, as of yet he is still running it stock and man it's slower than my machine. The new memory is running like a champ and now I wish I had done it earlier on. I am thinking about but, only lightly something like the Radeon 3450 or 3650 but, I wonder if it will work with my outfit. What power supply would I need for the 3650 or 3450?

Interesting what you say about the quad.... Actually, the fastest chips are still dual-core (depending on the software) this is because software has not kept pace with processor technology although this is slowly changing....

Congrats glad you got it all. That video card looks mean and awsome. Please let me know what the framerates as I would be interested in that.

On the Quad I was very disappointed to see what that was. I do hope it will only get better. Who knows maybe even dual quad at some point. Or is that overkill?

Dual-quad? Already available...! The name for it escapes me for the moment but if you've got the cash (and I mean lots of it) then a dual quad system is nooo problem....:cool:

Just to add, the flap for my case arrived today.. Woooot!

Thankyou Thermaltake!

Cool..

Hows the new card for temps and the like? Oh and which drivers are you using (have you seen my latest post for graphic drivers?)

I'm not sure if I told you this already so if I have, apologies....

FEAR 2 Project Origin: Link Removed - Invalid URL

The demo is pretty cool actually although is marred by a 'stutter' and I wondered if you got the same thing as it doesn't effect everybody:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
I'm 'Jankowski', who, if you remember, was a character from the first game....

My case now is running cool blue LED's on the inside with the internal sprayed black (the outside is black too) and the front has had the mesh sprayed bright red. To match everything up at the front I had to spray the floppy bright red too... I have to say it's now looking quite mean and as soon as I can I'll supply photo's (my phone's camera seems to have stopped working)
I'll include a shot taken from the website but just imagine that mine has all the mesh sprayed red..

card temps r great Stock Speeds on this card are faster than ATI's 750Mhz Mine 800Mhz GPU ATI's 900 mine 1000Mhz Mem.
Now I'm trying to OC the CPU some more. I'm up yo 3.5 but I'm having temp issues gets to 60c. :(

I've recently discovered this:

OCZ Freeze Extreme Thermal Conductivity Compound

All reports are pretty good so maybe you could find some in the US? I mean getting 5 degrees (apparently thats a concervative figure) knocked off just for using a better thermal compound is great.. Anyway I'm gonna give it a go when I get the new chip. As we've discussed in the past, normally it's Artic Silver Ceramique or the like but I'm always for trying something new...

Good luck with the overclock....:cool:

Pssssst... Don't mess it up...:cool:

Back