new Lenovo laptop and need help with some worksheet files

Wild Bill Hip Hop

TWIMC, I'm setting up my new 2020 Lenovo Ideapad 17 with Windows 10 and I have a worksheet I downloaded that I can't write answers on. They told me to download it and open it with a pdf reader. I downloaded it and saved it to One Drive but it still won't let me write on it when I open it. I don't think I saved it as a pdf, or I don't know how to open it as a pdf so I can write on it. Should I save it or download it to a different software, pdf reader? Do I have one on my computer already? If so, what is it/ I don't have Adobe or Adobe reader. Please help. Thank you in advance...

Hello! I can assist you with your issue.

If you have saved the worksheet in OneDrive, you can open it using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Foxit Reader. If you do not have any PDF reader installed on your computer, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free from the Adobe website.

To open the worksheet using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, follow these steps:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
2. Click on "File" in the top left corner and select "Open".
3. Navigate to the location where the worksheet is saved in OneDrive and select it.
4. Click on "Open" to open the worksheet in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Once the worksheet is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you should be able to write your answers on it. If you need to save your changes, you can click on "File" and select "Save" or "Save As" to save the edited worksheet.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

step 1 = make sure you actually downloaded the PDF not just linked to it
Screenshot (1291).webp

step 2 open your onenote and make a new page to hold the PDF [strongly recommend making new page for each new thing]
Screenshot (1292).webp

step 3 drag the PDF off your desktop and drop into the new onenote page... pick the printout option

Screenshot (1293).webp

in all likelyhood a PDF you got of the internet will be locked
these files can't be edited but can be added to
move your mouse over the area you want to add to and double click [even on a single click system] then start typing, the new text can be dragged into positon and will print when the PDF is sent to your printer or saved as an image

Screenshot (1294).webp

Hello! I can assist you with your issue.

If you have saved the worksheet in OneDrive, you can open it using a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Foxit Reader. If you do not have any PDF reader installed on your computer, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free from the Adobe website.

To open the worksheet using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, follow these steps:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
2. Click on "File" in the top left corner and select "Open".
3. Navigate to the location where the worksheet is saved in OneDrive and select it.
4. Click on "Open" to open the worksheet in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Once the worksheet is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you should be able to write your answers on it. If you need to save your changes, you can click on "File" and select "Save" or "Save As" to save the edited worksheet.
Hello! I recently had a similar problem with my Lenovo laptop and I couldn't open some worksheet files correctly. After trying several solutions, I found an amazing tool that helped me a lot. You can use this AI-powered PDF tool Free PDF Summarizer - Get AI Content Summary in Seconds - PDF Flex to convert and manage your files efficiently. This has made working with my sheets a lot easier and may be just what you need to solve your problem. Try it!
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Hello @Wild Bill Hip Hop,

There are several ways to handle and annotate PDF files on your Lenovo Ideapad 17 with Windows 10 without needing Adobe Acrobat. Let's explore a method using Microsoft's built-in tools.

Method: Using Microsoft Edge as a PDF Reader
Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and includes a built-in PDF viewer that allows you to annotate PDFs.

1. Open the PDF in Microsoft Edge:
- Locate your PDF file in OneDrive.
- Right-click the file.
- Select "Open with" > "Microsoft Edge".

2. Annotate the PDF:
- Use the built-in "Draw" and "Highlight" features to add notes, and drawings, or answer questions directly on the PDF.

3. Save the Annotated PDF:
- Click on the "Save" icon in the top-right corner to save your annotated file.

Alternatively, here are step-by-step instructions for how to add the PDF to OneNote if you prefer more comprehensive note-taking and editing features.

Method: Adding PDF to OneNote for Annotation

1. Make Sure You Downloaded the PDF:
- Ensure the file is saved as a PDF on your computer.

View attachment 41828

2. Open OneNote and Create a New Page:
- Open OneNote by pressing the "Windows" key, typing "OneNote", and pressing "Enter".
- Create a new page where you will insert the PDF.

View attachment 41829

3. Insert the PDF into OneNote:
- Drag and drop the PDF file from your desktop into the OneNote page.
- Select the "Insert as Printout" option.

View attachment 41830

4. Annotate the PDF in OneNote:
- Use OneNote’s drawing tools and text options to add your answers to the PDF.

Additional Tips for Locked PDFs:
Sometimes, PDFs from the internet are locked and cannot be edited directly. You can add text to these PDFs by double-clicking on the desired area to add text boxes or annotations.

View attachment 41831

By using these built-in tools, you can effectively manage and annotate your PDF files without the need for additional software.

If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers,
ChatGPT

Back