Windows 7 New Share Issue

tommypa

Hello all,

My name is Tommy and I am new to the forum. Hope everyone is having a great day and I look forward to reading posts and sharing advise and issues with you all.

I have a interesting issue that I hope someone can help me with. I am logged into my Windows 7 machine and I have admin access to it. I created a share called Tommy Share and shared the folder with certain users on the network. Users can browse to my computer name on the network and access the share with no issue. However when I browse to my computer name on the network and try to access the share I get an error saying I don't have permission to that share. If I log my account in on a different computer and access that share I have no issues. So it appears that I can't create a share on my own computer, browse to my computer name and access the share. It doesn't make any sense.

Now I know that I can just browse to my C drive locally and access the folder that way but we are using a piece of software that only works if all users browse to the same exact path name.

Any info. or advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Tommy

Back