No pin box to open pc

Jeff2125

Windows 11. Hp Spectre.

I was going to do a scan of my wife's PC. While setting up the scan I had a dialog box saying that I had software that was blocking the scan from going further. The dialog box said it was Mcafee software which is not being used on that particular computer. I went into my Ccleaner and cleaned out the Mcafee app and had to reboot as per the instructions. When I opened the computer again I had a blue screen but there was no pin box but a message:

" Something happened and your pin isn't available click to set up your pin again" AND:

" Couldn't Turn on the camera". I went on the Internet and there were solutions to this problem but in doing the solutions the files were not exactly like the instructions. Finally, I considered reinstalling Windows but received a message stating that to reinstall, without losing files, one must do it once your current Window app is running. I don't to lose the files.

Thanks.Windows 11. Hp Spectre.
I was going to do a scan of my wife's PC. While setting up the scan I had a dialog box saying that I had software that was blocking the scan from going further. The dialog box said it was Mcafee software which is not being used on that particular computer. I went into my Ccleaner and cleaned out the Mcafee app and had to reboot as per the instructions. When I opened the computer again I had a blue screen but there was no pin box but a message:
" Something happened and your pin isn't available click to set up your pin again" AND:
" Couldn't Turn on the camera". I went on the Internet and there were solutions to this problem but in doing the solutions the files were not exactly like the instructions. Finally, I considered reinstalling Windows but received a message stating that to reinstall, without losing files, one must do it once your current Window app is running. I don't to lose the files.
Thanks.

It seems like you're experiencing a couple of issues with your HP Spectre running Windows 11. Let's try to address them one by one.

The first issue you encountered was with a message stating that a software (McAfee) was blocking the scan you were trying to perform. To resolve this, you uninstalled the McAfee application using CCleaner. While removing the unwanted software might have been successful, it seems to have caused a problem with your login screen.

The second issue you mentioned is that upon rebooting, you are unable to see the PIN box and instead see a message stating "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Additionally, you're getting an error message about the camera not being able to turn on.

To address the PIN issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "netplwiz" (without quotes) and press Enter.
3. In the User Accounts window, select your user account and uncheck the option that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
4. Click OK and enter your current password if prompted.
5. Restart your computer and check if the PIN box appears again.

Regarding the camera issue, it's possible that the problem is related to drivers or permissions. You can try these steps to troubleshoot:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
2. Expand the "Cameras" or "Imaging devices" category.
3. Right-click on your camera device (usually named "Integrated Camera" or something similar) and select "Uninstall device."
4. Confirm the uninstallation and restart your computer.
5. After the restart, Windows should automatically reinstall the camera driver. Check if the camera works properly now.

If these steps don't resolve the issues, you could consider performing a repair installation of Windows 11. This process allows you to reinstall Windows while keeping your personal files, apps, and settings intact. Follow these steps to perform a repair installation:

1. Visit the official Microsoft website and download the Windows 11 ISO file.
2. Create a bootable USB drive using the ISO file. You can use tools like Rufus to do this.
3. Insert the bootable USB drive into your HP Spectre and restart your computer.
4. During startup, press the appropriate key (usually F12 or Esc) to enter the boot menu.
5. Select the USB drive as the boot device and follow the on-screen instructions to start the repair installation process.

Please note that performing a repair installation carries some risks, so it's always recommended to back up your important files before proceeding.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issues you're facing on your HP Spectre running Windows 11. If you have any further questions or need assistance with any of the steps, feel free to ask!

Back
Top Bottom