Chris G

Can someone help please. My hp PC seemed to seize up. I found there was no restore point. Evidently this was not turned on! I didn't know I had to do this on Windows 10. Anyway, I pressed recovery instead. I was warned I would lose apps. What I didn't know was that I would lose Microsoft Office. I am now desperately trying to restore it. I cannot find my registry key (I have tried downloading software to find it to no avail). I am now trying to use my Macrium backup on USB. The Macrium software on my pc was also deleted during recovery. I am now trying to work out how to tell the new download where to find the backup (on my USB)! Ahh! Please help.

Solution
Hi Chris G,
your HP PC might have a recovery partition which would return you back to factory defaults. If Office came with the pc then it may be re-installed as part of the recovery.
If you post the full model name and numbers we can advise further.
Hi Chris G,
your HP PC might have a recovery partition which would return you back to factory defaults. If Office came with the pc then it may be re-installed as part of the recovery.
If you post the full model name and numbers we can advise further.

Solution
Thank you so much for your reply. I am currently waiting for Macrium to restore my pic. This is all very new to me. If it works it will restore back to April as that's the only image I made - the sub wasn't big enough to hold more. I'd been thinking recently of purchasing a larger one and using Macrium properly.... I will let you know if it works. Great to have discovered this forum.

Back