Windows 7 No sound driver for windows 7

hotshotjosh

I have a gateway mx7120 that ihave put windows 7 on and works great. the ati driver updated itself and works fine. but i cannot locate a driver for the soundcard, therefore my cmputer has no sound capabilities. ive called gateway and say they cannot help me because i have upgraded to windows 7 and there support site does not offer a windows 7 driver yet. the soundcard is called the multimedia audio controller and i think the driver is supposed to be by conexant. searching the net i didnt find anything from direct sites or anywhere else. can someone PLEASE help me? thank you

Damn someone with my same problem!

I have a gateway mx7120 that ihave put windows 7 on and works great. the ati driver updated itself and works fine. but i cannot locate a driver for the soundcard, therefore my cmputer has no sound capabilities. ive called gateway and say they cannot help me because i have upgraded to windows 7 and there support site does not offer a windows 7 driver yet. the soundcard is called the multimedia audio controller and i think the driver is supposed to be by conexant. searching the net i didnt find anything from direct sites or anywhere else. can someone PLEASE help me? thank you

I have the exact same laptop and I've been killing my self for 2 days trying to get my sound working also. This is the first time a computer has kicked my ***! I hope someone will read this and help us out.

Back