Windows 7 No Upgrade Option In The EU

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Today Microsoft announced the pricing of Windows 7. As Link Removed due to 404 Error, the EU will be getting a version that will not contain IE and because of this Microsoft will be offering no upgrade option in the EU.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I think that it should be okay to give them the upgrade because the IE they'll have is from Vista and they aren't getting a new IE from Win7. This is getting kind of ridiculous... What's next? They're going to be forced to ship a version of Windows 7 that happens to be a blank disc because selling an OS is unfair to Linux developers?

Notice that they say there will be a Windows 7 E upgrade by the end of the year. Apparently the delay is so they can test the new upgrade path (which I imagine does leave Vista's IE intact, which is probably why it needs more testing then the full Windows 7 E).

A Blank Microsoft Disk sounds pricey ! No such thing as a free lunch from MS :eek:

Eur gets Full versions @ Upgrade pricing.

D

Looks like it - according to this page Link Removed - Invalid URL, Windows 7 Professional E for preorder will be £99 (Home Premium E for £49). Not bad, what you think? I'll probably go for that if I can't get hold of a copy for free (Action Pack/MSDN/TechNet). Can't be bothered by the Ultimate eyecandy.

By the way, that website is probably just being setup - the link at the bottom - http://windows.microsoft.com/install-windows-E - doesn't exist yet ;)

Back