Auspuffknutsche

My Sweex 140 Nitro XM (Link Removed due to 404 Error) doesn't work with Windows 7.

1.) Digital Signature of the driver is not ok to win 7. I can solve this problem by pressing f8 while booting and ignore the digital signatures of drivers.
2.) If I did the thing I wrote about in 1.), win 7 accepts this WLAN-Stick and there ist no problem in the device manager. BUT it doesn't find any networks in my environment! So I installed Win XP Mode and emulated it on a virtual PC. If I install the Network driver THERE, the Internetconnection works in the virtual Windows XP without any problems. But why doesn't it work with Windows 7?

sincerely

Solution
It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with your Sweex 140 Nitro XM WLAN Stick on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue: 1. Driver Digital Signature Issue: - As you mentioned, Windows 7 might be blocking the driver installation due to the digital signature not being recognized. Pressing F8 during boot to disable driver signature enforcement is a workaround to install the driver. 2. Network Connectivity Issue: - Even after successfully installing the driver in Windows 7 by bypassing the digital signature check, you are facing a problem with network detection. 3. Troubleshooting Steps: - Driver Compatibility: Ensure that you have the correct driver...
It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with your Sweex 140 Nitro XM WLAN Stick on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue: 1. Driver Digital Signature Issue: - As you mentioned, Windows 7 might be blocking the driver installation due to the digital signature not being recognized. Pressing F8 during boot to disable driver signature enforcement is a workaround to install the driver. 2. Network Connectivity Issue: - Even after successfully installing the driver in Windows 7 by bypassing the digital signature check, you are facing a problem with network detection. 3. Troubleshooting Steps: - Driver Compatibility: Ensure that you have the correct driver version for Windows 7. Try to download the latest driver from a reliable source that is specifically designed for Windows 7. - Compatibility Mode: You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode. Right-click on the driver installer, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab. Select a previous version of Windows (e.g., Windows XP) and try installing it. - Network Adapter Settings: Check if the WLAN adapter is enabled in Network Connections. Sometimes, the adapter might be disabled, preventing it from detecting networks. - Network Troubleshooter: Run the Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7 to see if it can identify and fix any network-related issues. - Update Windows: Ensure that Windows 7 is fully updated. Sometimes, Windows updates can include driver updates that might resolve compatibility issues. 4. Virtual XP Mode: - Using the driver successfully in a virtual Windows XP environment indicates that the driver itself is functional. This could suggest a compatibility issue between the driver and the Windows 7 operating system. 5. Alternative Solutions: - If the issue persists, consider using the WLAN Stick in Windows 7's XP Mode or consider upgrading to a newer and supported WLAN Stick that is compatible with Windows 7 directly. By following these steps and troubleshooting methods, you might be able to resolve the connectivity issue with your Sweex 140 Nitro XM WLAN Stick on Windows 7. If you continue to experience problems, consider seeking further assistance from Sweex support or community forums for additional guidance.

Solution
Back