Windows 10 Not about Windows, but theres no off topic area.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

This is just a brag!

My 1960 Austin Healey Sprite that I owned for 50 years is on display in the Gilmore Automobile Museum for the next six months, along with Nicolas Cage's Ferrari, and Janis Joplin's Porsche, among other hallmark sports cars.

JANIS JOPLIN AND NICOLAS CAGE CARS APPEAR IN ALL-NEW SPORTS CAR SPECIAL EXHIBITION | Gilmore Car Museum

Here is a picture of the Sprite with Cage's Ferrari in the background...

sprite%20at%20gilmore%20Adjusted_zpstcuqifks.jpg

Pretty neat, having my car in the one of the most prestigious automobile museums in the world.
That's me standing behind it wearing suspenders.

sprite%20at%20gilmore%20Adjusted%202_zpsu96q0g7c.jpg

I gave the car to my nephew a few years ago (I hadn't driven it in years) and he did the second complete restoration on it.

Mike

Very Cool, Mike!:up: But, we do have an off-topic area called Water Cooler, under Windows Community Forum. This couldn't go there??? People talk about music, sports, politics, etc.

BBJ :usa:

Hi

I've never noticed the water cooler section, mod can move it there if they want.
I'll have a look.

Mike

Hi,

Yeah, it's pretty cool. :cool: I go there sometimes and read the different things posted and varied interests of our peoples.

Enjoy!!;)
Marc

Hi

I checked out the Water Cooler section, can't believe I've been registered here for 7 years and never knew that was here.
I guess I just never scrolled down that far.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yeah! It's amazing. And sort of funny too. LOL. :rofl:

By the way, I just built up a another W10 test machine on v1607 b14393.321 over the weekend and installed EASEUS ToDo on it to give it a try out. Worked perfectly. I wiped the data partition using UBCD Partition Editor, and verified the PC wouldn't boot W10. I then booted from the EASEUS Emergency Disk and restored my backup from my external HDD, and rebooted and all worked perfectly.:up: I will continue to use and recommend it. I also liked that you could use the "Pre-OS" windows boot-menu as Macrium does too. Anyway, see you at the Water Cooler! ;)

Best,
Marc

Hi Bear

Yeah, I've used EaseUS Todo backup for a long time now.
I had previously used several others, some that you pay for.

It has worked better, and is much easier for a novice to use then any of the others.

And, it has never failed to work for me, something I can't say for some of the others.

I remember one instance when my computer crashed, and I started my backup program only to be told, "Can't read backup file".
I had to spend days reinstalling everything.

That was a program I paid for, and I never used it again.

I also find the EaseUS program to be faster then others that I've used.
It takes me between 20 and 25 minutes to backup or restore my C:\ drive.

Mike

Back