Windows 7 "Not connected - Connections are available", but I am can surf the internet

david87

Hi,

I've read the other topics but they're all about WiFi. I'm on Win 7 HP and connected to the Internet through a Huawei E220 mobile broadband stick. Everything worked well until a month ago - I didn't change anything - now I keep geeting this "Not connected - connections are available"-alert every time I connect to the Internet, when the connection is fine in fact. I have some trouble now with software (e.g. Nokia Ovi Suite, Pidgin) that "thinks" I am really offline. What can I do? I don't use restore points.

Untitled-1.jpg

Go start menu, type "services" in search bar. Once you have the services menu, if you see that the Network List Services is disabled, simply enable it and set it up to turn on automatically. Some anti-virus programs have an internet optimize feature or network setting tweak option, please never use these as they might turn off key network settings that would make absolutely no difference to you in terms of speed. Also beware of registry defragging, this can cause issues that you need to be a computer programmer to resolve, you have no business to be in the registry anyway. That being said, some idiots can't stop themselves. Hope this helps for anybody else with the issue. I have seen alot of different methods from other threads on here that seem much more complicated than my solution, I hope for most people out there that this is a simple fix.

Back