Not getting correct resolution (followed every guide)

Evignity

Hi.

Not sure if it aught to be revelant but during my setup (not installation) I swtiched from my smaller monitor to my larger one.

Now I'm stuck at 1920x1080 and none of the guides solves it. No error or corrupt files from cmd.exe etc.

When I start games they give me the old 2560x1440 I had before getting this new comp (same screen) but somehow windows just refuses to give me any option for this. Forcing it through Nvidia just gives even worse and smudgier text/UI.

The weird part is that my smaller screen wasn't 1920x1080 either so I'm not sure why the hell it's the highest "legit" resolution in my options.

On that topic I hate this new UI with a passion and it depresses me that humanity is slowly turning into a "cow goes moo" interface WITHOUT THE OPTION TO OP OUT. Like maybe I could make this resolution work but since I can't make fonts and banners smaller I'm stuck with absurdly large UI that's jarring and clashes with videogame resolutions (even if I make them the same as windows-one)

Anyone have any idea or input?

Without any specification of your laptop / desktop is it almost impossible to help. What I can think of is
- the device driver of your graphics, if you have not done that, get the latest from the support page of the manufactorer
- the 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel', download and install it and see what it tells you.

Without any specification of your laptop / desktop is it almost impossible to help. What I can think of is
- the device driver of your graphics, if you have not done that, get the latest from the support page of the manufactorer
- the 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel', download and install it and see what it tells you.
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F 2.50 GHz
16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 11 Home version 22H2

I downloaded the Intel command center and there's nothing new in it. Same options. Both it and windows recognize my screen model but still refuses to give me the resolution for it

I really don't know.
Have you already rebooted to letting your system detect what is connected? Maybe is wake up from sleep not enough.
Have you the latest display drivers from the manufactories support pages? Maybe are other driver are not totally compatible.
Just guessing, anybody else?

Not sure if it aught to be revelant but during my setup (not installation) I swtiched from my smaller monitor to my larger one.
it is... that large screen gets a one size fits all driver and became your system default

i do agree W11 is a pig but this error dates back to W7 days and Microsoft is well known for it... you can try removing the big screen and that should force the small one to be swapped in but the other option is a fresh install

Are there .inf drivers available for your monitor? Also do you have another hard drive handy you can install a fresh version of Windows on to see if the problem persists?

I think I should try to going back to the original displaydriver that game with your laptop. That worked well for when I got some obscure problems with my display. But I admit, it is a wild guess, but relatively easy to try.

Back
Top Bottom