maestroz

Hi all,
I install win7 64 bit on the following specs:
i5 760
Gigabyte UD3L
OCZ 4GB 1333Mhz gold
WD Carier green 500GB
Sapphire Radeon 5770

After playing for a minute sometimes a little more, the game crashes. It happened with Splinter Cell Double Agent and Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands which are the only ones I've tried on this new PC.
The good case is only the game crashes back to windows. The bad case it crashes with BSOD. After checking the dmp files the cause it a file names "ntoskrnl.exe" each time with a different reason: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT / MEMORY_MANAGEMENT / PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Does anyone have an idea of what the reason might be?

Added text file with details

Attachments

• dumps.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 291
Hello and welcome.

1) Uninstall ESET in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

2) Update CPU-Z to newest version.

cpuz_x64 cpuz_x64.sys Tue Dec 02 08:51:19 2008

3) Uninstall all Gigabyte motherboard utilities such as EasyTune or any else you have:

GVTDrv64 GVTDrv64.sys Tue Sep 05 03:10:02 2006
gdrv gdrv.sys Thu Mar 12 23:22:29 2009

4) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 22 05:57:14 2010

RTL8111

5) Uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys. Do not update while using. There is a choice to make:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO. The disc emulation part of the software is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

Hi.
firs of all thank you for the comment.

Are you sure ESET causing this problem?
I'm not using cpu-z so it will be first install and not an update.
I'm using EasyTune 6 for fan speed and cpu temperature alerter. Is uninstalling it won't be risky?

Thanks.

Please follow 100% precisely, exactly, if you want bsods to stop.

Yes, ESET bad.

Uninstalling ET6 is needed, not risky.

CPU-Z...yes you do already have that and it needs to be removed:

Code:
fffff880`08575000 fffff880`0857d000   cpuz_x64   (deferred)             
    Image path: \??\C:\Users\Zvika\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz131\cpuz_x64.sys
    Image name: cpuz_x64.sys
    Timestamp:        Tue Dec 02 08:51:19 2008 (49353D57)
    CheckSum:         000138BD
    ImageSize:        00008000
    Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Delete everything in C:\Users\Zvika\AppData\Local\Temp then reboot.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Hi

I removed NOD32 and installed MSE. Also Removed EasyTune6. Also deleted the files in the Temp folder.
The computer is brand new and I haven't install cpu-z on it. Same with Daemon Tools. There is no reference in the "Uninstall a program" of the control panel nor a folder in any of the Program Files directories.
The LAN driver is already updated to 8111. I downloaded all drivers last week.

Cool. If you have more crash dumps, you're welcome to post them to see if you missed anything.

If no more crash dumps, then great and enjoy. :)

Steps 4 & 5 not completed yet.

Uninstall Daemon Tools and then use the sptd.sys uninstaller I linked to for step 5.

Reboot when done.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is likely that the video card is defective. This is a 0x116 stop, which is a video tdr timeout.

1) Update the bios to newest for the motherboard. Then go in the settings and Load the Optimized Defaults. Save.

2) Update the Realtek lan driver from my link, which has never been updated yet.

3) Make sure your psu is sufficient for your card and the rest of the system, and that things aren't overheating.

4) Use Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com to clear all ATI drivers/settings/files.

Reboot to normal mode and install the driver from here:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

------------

If that doesn't go well after everything, then use CPU-Z to find your exact RAM model number. Visit OCZ's site for the exact VDIMM (voltage) and timings. Set these settings manually in the bios. Save and try again.

Last edited:
Back