Nvidia drivers

philwhite

I have an Nvidia 9800GX2 card and the very latest drivers installed.
I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit and although things are generally problem free, on the odd occasion the graphics driver stops working, in the Problems and Solutions section of control panel it lists "Problem Caused by Nvidia Driver" and get this with older drivers as well.
I have heard of other people having this issue with Vista too.
Is there a solution for this somewhere???

Thanks kemical, i am seriously considering fitting a 4870X2 instead and if finances allow i may fit two and crossfire them!!!!!!

Awesome!! I hope your PSU is up to it though as you'll be pulling some serious ampage..:cool:

I think my PSU will be good enough, it is a Coolermaster Real Power 1250watt which supports this sort of set up.

Very, very nice. You'll have no problem with power then.. Just to let you know, the 4870 default cooler and fan are as noisy as hell. I run my fan at 34% (the default setting is 25% which gives a temp of 75c!) At 34% it's down to 43c with the fan just about audible. Any more than 34% and it's really loud. I'm not sure the X2 model is the same but it may be worth finding a model with a non reference cooler?

Back