Windows 7 ODBC32.dll Problem. Can't use important system processes.

Kylethedarkn

So one day I decided to open up paint to paste a screenshot I took and got an error about ODBC32.dll not working. I just ignored it. Then today I realize that important things like msconfig, and Computer Management also use this dll file, so stupidly I tried replacing it with a copy from another windows 7 installation I had. Now I get the following error:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Anybody here ever encounter this? If you have I'd appreciate your help in finding a fix. :)

Is there anyway I could direct that only at the odbc32.dll file. Because I know last time I used the sfc.exe /scannow command it reset all the work I had done on explorer and the log on screen. I'd like ot avoid that if possible. :p

According to the message you get:

ODBC32.dll Problem. Can't use important system processes.

The idea to scan your entire system as well as to check sys disk is to ensure the integrity of all files that ODBC32.dll is dependent on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

System File Checker (Windows)

Had to restart for it to do a chkdsk, so I did and it didn't do anything. Also the sfc.exe overwrote my explorer but didn't fix the problem. :(

Thanks for the help btw. And sorry for the double post, but editing doesn't bump a topic.

Back