Windows 7 Odd, annoying, bizarre, curious Event log messages...

dkperez

I don't know about all of y'all, but I"m getting a lot of warnings and errors in the Event Log.... Some of which I'm not finding fixes for.

FIRST, is there SOME WAY to reduce the massive number of informational messages being constantly written to the log? Not to SEE fewer, but to actually REDUCE them - I've got things that sometimes write a half dozen per SECOND... There's gotta be a better use for resources than writing informational junk.

First one is a warning, but I get it regularly. I've found several references to this, but nothing to FIX it... I'm NOT using AVG, which is one of the favorite things to blame.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 12/20/2009 8:06:11 AM
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

I'm unsure whether or not you can stop those info events from being written, but you can can create a custom filter to only show the even types you configure.
To do this, right click on an object in the right hand pane and click "Create Custom View".
Configure it the way you want and press OK.
Cheers,

Yeah, I've got the custom filters, but when you look at the actual log it's absolutely CLOGGED with hundreds or thousands of garbage informational messages...

Well, unfortunately there's not much you can do.
The less programs you have installed, the less messages you'll get in the log.
I personally have 225 written in the last hour.

I used to get this fault on the RC and never did figure it out. Everything worked ok. I suspect some of these faults and warnings have to do with time out. Looking at MS help is a waste for most of us. Either there is no info available or you would need to be a software engineer to follow along.
Joe

Rats..... I was hoping there was some registry setting or something that'd significantly reduce the amount of information garbage....

OK, so the warning I'm getting probably isn't anything disastrous. Does anyone know what it means and how to get rid of it?

any "information" event in the Event viewer is certainly not disastrous, just a space consumer.
Again, I see no way to remove that specific event other then using a filter.

OK. It's interesting. I started this thread because I was getting dozens of errors (real errors, not warnings or such) daily. It appears that after the two most recent sets of updates, which I've also been getting almost daily, have done something to fix the causes of the errors I was getting.......

Since I started this topic and cleared the logs so I'd have nice fresh errors, I HAVEN'T RECORDED A SINGLE ERROR, AND ONLY TWO OCCURRENCES OF THAT SILLY DYNAMIC LIBRARY WARNING.........

<heavy sigh> Kinda like when you call the repair guy 'cause the washing machine is acting up and when he gets there it works perfectly!

Back