Windows 7 Officejet 6310 installation

adamsk01

Hello,

We recently upgraded our home computer, a Dell Latitude E6500, from Windows XP to Windows 7. Everything is working fine except for the installation of our printer, an HP Officejet 6310. I downloaded the full feature software and drivers and successfully installed them, even printed a test page. The problem is that every time the computer shuts down or hibernates, it seems to uninstall the printer drivers, and the printer no longer shows up under Devices and Printers. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Kyle

After checking HP's website it looks like the same driver is for both the 32 bit and 64bit systems. Since you say you've already updated to the latest driver and problem still persists. I think you might have a bug or registry error. first thing I would do is uninstall printer, then reboot. Next I would run ad-aware, spybot s&d, malwarebytes, Ccleaner all with the latest updates then run your AV, then defrag hard drive(s) and clean/defrag registry, for these two I use Auslogic; Disk Defrag and Registry Defrag and see what everything comes up with. I'll bet you would be surprised. Then reboot system and now reinstall printer and see if that takes.

Thanks for the advice. I finally had time to do the things you suggested and it did work; the printer has now "survived" one restart and one shut down without being uninstalled.

One problem remains: when I open up "devices and printers," there's still an exclamation-point icon next to the computer. If I open it and click on "Troubleshoot," it tells me that the drivers are not installed properly. Can I get this to go away?

Back