Windows 7 Old Mahjong game won't run in Windows 7

NOTLguy

I have just upgraded to Win 7, 64 bit, and am trying to get an old Mahjong game working that my wife loves. It is from 1992 and it ran fine in Windows XP.

I have tried right clicking the .exe file and selecting older versions of Windows to run in to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bill

Upgraded from XP to WIN 7 64 bit and game won't run.

I have just upgraded to Win 7, 64 bit, and am trying to get an old game working that my wife loves. It is from 1992 and it ran fine in Windows XP.

I have tried right clicking the .exe file and selecting older versions of Windows from the Properties/Compatibility tab to no avail.

Regards,
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Upgraded from XP to WIN 7 64 bit and game won't run.

I have just upgraded to Win 7, 64 bit, and am trying to get an old game working that my wife loves. It is from 1992 and it ran fine in Windows XP.

I have tried right clicking the .exe file and selecting older versions of Windows from the Properties/Compatibility tab to no avail.

Regards,
Bill

Sounds like it's not going to work, one of the draw backs to upgrading. What game is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like it's not going to work, one of the draw backs to upgrading. What game is it?

It is Mahjongg V4.2 by Nels Anderson, a 16 bit game we purchased in 1992.

Bill

1992? It's probably a 16 bit application and can't be run on a 64 bit Windows. You would have to set up a virtual machine to play it (or maybe DOSBox with Windows 3.x).

Is there something wrong with Mahjong Titans? It's one of the games that comes with Windows. You can find it from Start Menu -> Games.

I downloaded DOSBOX and I can now run the application. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Bill

You could try running it in Windows XP compatibility mode (right click-properties-compatibility-windows xp service pack 2/3)

Do you get any errors?

You could try running it in Windows XP compatibility mode (right click-properties-compatibility-windows xp service pack 2/3)

Do you get any errors?

I downloaded DOSbox and now run this 16 bit game with no problem. Thanks to everyone for replying.

Back