Windows 7 Open pics in the SAME window

navarre

Ok, can somebody please tell me how to solve such a simple problem? Like in XP everytime i open a picture i want it to replace the one i opened previously in Windows Photo Viewer, wich seems to be the default pic viewer in Win 7.

But everytime it ALWAYS opens a new window! It's such a simple thing but extremely annoying. How do i solve this?

Thx in advance.

There is no way that I know to change this behaiviour. Many people hate it. I suggest to change the default pic viewer with this free one:
IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

It can be set to use ultra high quality re sampling algorithms, it knows how to open virtually every image format (it will even dig jpeg previews out of Raw camera files), it can be used to capture the screen, it can run slide shows, and much more.

If Windows photo viewer frustrates you, Irfan View is WELL worth a look.

P.S., It asks if you want to put in a Google or some such toolbar when installing... MAKE SURE AND UNCHECK THAT!

Instead, as a workaround, you can click on the right arrow key which will not open the next picture in a new window.

You can also use Windows media center or other Microsoft products:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/1f220835-840a-4e94-b16c-3e115d4a755e

Last edited:
You're welcome.

Just a tip... when in IrfanView, you can scroll your mouse wheel to scroll through pictures.

Back
Top Bottom