Windows 7 over clocking ????

hi all
i was just wondering if it would be at all possible to overclock this.....???

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CARLOS-PC
System Manufacturer TriGem Computer NETHERLANDS
System Model DreamSys
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 2788 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 12/02/2003

And how would i go about doing it Please help!!!1:p

sorry if theres too much information but too much is better than not enough...
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
:p:p:p

yeah sorry...
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
1GB Ram = 2 x 512mb
Mainboard SIS-651
Bios Phoenix Award v6.00PG
CPU Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz
Max Speed 2788 MHz
L2 Cache 512kb

is this any help

To be honest santheman that system is getting rather old now and I'm not sure how it would stand up if you started overclocking it.. If it's more power your after then you would be better off upgrading to a more recent system.

yeah your rite, i have recently lost my job and cant afford one at the moment....but i agree its better to wait for an upgrad...
thanks for your advice

Depending on how much you want to spend an AMD based system could be obtained for not much cash, if you built it yourself of course..

lol funny you should mention that... i had an ABIT NF7-M Board not so long ago but i fried the chip by running the computer without the chipset fan plugged in (i no what a plonker lol) but i still have the processor its an AMD Athlon XP and is there nothin i can do with that ?????

lol funny you should mention that... i had an ABIT NF7-M Board not so long ago but i fried the chip by running the computer without the chipset fan plugged in (i no what a plonker lol) but i still have the processor its an AMD Athlon XP and is there nothin i can do with that ?????

I guess if you could find an old motherboard you could use that but like with the other system your still talking about hardware that was released in 2003..
Where abouts do you live?

i live in the uk (lancashire)
i do have an old compaq deskpro pentium 3 800MHz
still i know what ur saying, i do need an upgrade thats y i was thinkin of clockin the pentium 4... money is abit scarce with xmas and my daughters birthday all in the same week lol
i will just have to wait till i have enough money for a decent board

i live in the uk (lancashire)
i do have an old compaq deskpro pentium 3 800MHz
still i know what ur saying, i do need an upgrade thats y i was thinkin of clockin the pentium 4... money is abit scarce with xmas and my daughters birthday all in the same week lol
i will just have to wait till i have enough money for a decent board

This little utility might prove usefull in overclocking that system:

Free sis 651 motherboard Download

Back