Windows 8 Palm won't work with windows 8.1

By "working", are you referring to just the hotsynch? I have several Palm devices from about the same era. I had to replace my computer a few years ago and never got around to reinstalling hotsynch on the new one. However, I had it running on the old one under Win 7 without any problems. One device connected through a cradle and the other via bluetooth. If you have the original Palm CD, just try installing it like you would any software of older origin. What is the specific problem? (No original CD? No manual/instructions? Software not compatible with Win 8.1? You're not familiar with Palm devices and how they interface with a PC? Missing hardware, like a cradle or cable?) What stage are you at? (no clue where to begin or you've tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work?)

By "working", are you referring to just the hotsynch? I have several Palm devices from about the same era. I had to replace my computer a few years ago and never got around to reinstalling hotsynch on the new one. However, I had it running on the old one under Win 7 without any problems. One device connected through a cradle and the other via bluetooth. If you have the original Palm CD, just try installing it like you would any software of older origin. What is the specific problem? (No original CD? No manual/instructions? Software not compatible with Win 8.1? You're not familiar with Palm devices and how they interface with a PC? Missing hardware, like a cradle or cable?) What stage are you at? (no clue where to begin or you've tried a bunch of stuff that didn't work?)
The problem I am having is with the sync. everything else loads but when I press the sync button it trys to sync but then can't.

Yes it will not Hot Synch. The program loads but will not synch.

I checked with the compatibility centre and it looks like they are not compatible:

So, one more reason why I won't be "upgrading" to Win 8.x any time soon.

See if you can get it to work in compatibility mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Another thing to try is to run the Palm software in a virtual machine.

The problem might also be limited to one method of interface. If hotsynching through a cradle doesn't work, try doing it via bluetooth.

If you still have your old Windows disks from the previous version, you could set up a dual boot. Or roll 8.1 back to 7. You would lose all of the new things that are only possible with Win 8...what were those again other than touch screens?

So, one more reason why I won't be "upgrading" to Win 8.x any time soon.

See if you can get it to work in compatibility mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Another thing to try is to run the Palm software in a virtual machine.

The problem might also be limited to one method of interface. If hotsynching through a cradle doesn't work, try doing it via bluetooth.

If you still have your old Windows disks from the previous version, you could set up a dual boot. Or roll 8.1 back to 7. You would lose all of the new things that are only possible with Win 8...what were those again other than touch screens?
Thanks; i try it and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom