Windows 7 Payback devices - I want all of them !

tryon

I have a headset (Sennheiser PC-350, plugged in my front panel) and 5.1 speaker (logitech z-5500, plugged on the back of my computer) on win7 RTM.

I want the sound of my games (all sounds in fact) to come out of both my audio devices (speaker + headphone), on Windows vista I didn't have to bother, it did this automaticly, but on windows Seven I always have to "set as default" one or the other, it is the most annoying thing in the world in 2009, is there any way to "fix" this ?

I know this could have been a great feature to have more choice over which device to play which sound, but the way it works is more pain than it is a benefit, for me at least. Also, I can't seem to change to which audio device a program is "tied", for example some applications will launch on the headphones while others on the speakers ...

Thank you in advance,

Tryon

I haven't figured out how to do this through windows, but I've been getting around it by plugging headphones into the jack on my speakers themselves. That gives me audio through the headphones and the speakers. You might wanna see if you can do that.

Yes I can, I have placed an extension cord from the back of my computer next to my speaker for the "input" jack (which speaker doesn't have) and it works, but I still can't have the sound comming out of both, it is just "easier" to switch between the two than going into the playback devices menu in windows ... thx for the reply anyway

what were they thinking? It is enough to piss off every gamer off ... at least I am pretty pissed and everybody around will know that their new audio stack kinda suck which is unfortunate because it had great potential, like almost all other windows 7 feature, but a lack/bad UI turn improvements into problems ! ;)

Hmm, well I've never actually needed to use both headphones and speakers at the same time for much. I used both of them once to show a song to my friends will listening in high quality to point out stuff.

Just wondering what you need both for when your gaming?

Hmm, well I've never actually needed to use both headphones and speakers at the same time for much. I used both of them once to show a song to my friends will listening in high quality to point out stuff.

Just wondering what you need both for when your gaming?

I pick up the headphone when I feel like talking and always let my speaker up for the bass (I didn't pay for the z5500 for nothing), the point is not necessarly to use them at the same time, the point is to be able to use one or the other without playing with window's settings (which requires severals mouse clicks) when it worked like a charm on XP (it broadcasted audiostream on all available devices and it was up to me to close my speaker if needed or not)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom