Windows 7 PC boots, no signal to monitor after installing RAM and peripherals

ito

After some upgrade installation headaches from xp to win 7 ultimate 64, i had to format the system partition and then the installation went thru all the way to updates and activation; PC rebooted a few times all normal upgrades and stuff. In order for me to install the upgrade, i followed instruction from a fw threads i.e. remove all usb connections, use ps2 mouse and keyboard, remove all RAM if multiple sticks and use only one, removes multicard reader and optical drives except the one for the disc and even removed secondary HDD and tower built usbs!
After all the installation went thru, i shut it all down and disconnected the power cord; grounded myself and reinstalled all the stuff i removed; went to reboot and NOTHING! darn it NOTHING! no signal to the monitor and i don’t know if i am hearing things but i think the fan of the GPU is extra loud, it would usually at initial boot run loud but a few secs later it tunes down; right now it sounds like the GPU fan is running super loud;
I backed my steps one by one removing one thing at the time event the RAM sticks and used one at the time; removed the GPU and moved over to the other PCI slot and nothing,
I have no clue on what this could be; RAM, GPU, MOBO, CPU?????
there is no beeping of any king, MOBO has the green light on, everything gets power..
I even tried cliking the motions to start it with out a screen to see if i could hear the win 7 starting sound, but nothing..

Please help with any solutions.

So, did you go with the upgrade route or "clean" install on your second attempt?

Is this a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed?

Reghakr;
I purchased the upgrade disks but i had to to custom install since i didnt have vista; No a new PC iits a self built; all compatible with WIN 7

Re: PC boots but no signal to the monitor.....

You have started 3 threads with the nsame question.

Please only post one.

I will merge the pots into one.

You can still do a "clean" install with the upgrade disks.

Be aware, you'll need to re-install all your 3rd parity applications.

Re: PC boots but no signal to the monitor.....

I apologize; i didnt notice, when i submited my post it just gave me an error saying that it was an unvalid path on line 204; and did not redirect me so i thought it did not post; i dont know how to delete the posts.

Last edited:
Is not the install, i dont think, that was already working fine, all of a sudden after restarting with all my RAM and optical drives and all USB connections; and then nothing! could it be my GPU< MOBO<or RAM?

Back