Windows 10 PC keeps freezing in the majority of my game

Brandythe1

Hi, i am asking for help today because my pc keeps crashing on almost all of my games. My screen just freeze, i see the last image before the freeze but i cant move my mouse and my keyboard won’t work for any of the things i’ll do.
I have too hold power button to turn it off and then turn it on again. When i turn it off sometimes, i will try to put it on again but it will start to turn on and off non-stop and i have to turn it off again. If any of those information are usefull to you
I got:
I5-9600k
Geforce rtx 2060 super
2x8Gb Ram g-skill trident z rgb
Corsair tx 650M
Thanks you and if you need any information for further understanding just ask me.

I'd test your Gpu drivers before touching the Cpu paste but it could be that
to test drivers and your Gpu settings in general start by pressing the [windows key] + [r] to open a run box then type dxdiag and hit enter
dxdiag.png

the windows key is the one with 4 squares and most systems now have it on their keyboard to the left of the space bar

this opens a tester that checks every thing from what device to which drivers and also has a 'save all infomation' option you should use to post your results
1647829271753.png

Okay, so i did the dxdiag and linked it to my message, but it says it found no problem, i'll try de thermal paste renewal since i didnt renew it and i had my pc for almost a 2 years

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    91.5 KB · Views: 77
check for dust around the fans too when you open it up
So i just cleaned it all, repluged everything, when i arrived to check my cpu i saw that my pins where dented, so i am currently cheking out for new motherboards, but do you thinks that was the source of my problem?

yes those pins are damaged... if the board is under warranty I'd replace it

I'd test your Gpu drivers before touching the Cpu paste but it could be that
to test drivers and your Gpu settings in general start by pressing the [windows key] + [r] to open a run box then type dxdiag and hit enter
View attachment 40422
the windows key is the one with 4 squares and most systems now have it on their keyboard to the left of the space bar

this opens a tester that checks every thing from what device to which drivers and also has a 'save all infomation' option you should use to post your resultsView attachment 40423
Thanks for the advice.

Solution 1. Run System File Checker and Fix the Freezing Computer

1. Right-click the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
2. Type "sfc /scannow" into the Command Prompt window and press Enter to run a full system scan.

Leave the Command Prompt to run – this may take between 5-10 minutes. After the process is finished at 100%, if everything goes well, you would get the message 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.' If you see a message 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them', it tells you that you have successfully repaired missing or corrupted system files in Windows 10 with SFC.

Solution 2. Updating all Device Drivers to the Newest

According to users, random computer freezing while playing games usually appears after Windows 10 update. And the reason might be incompatibility of hardware and drivers. To correct it, just update all device drivers.

1) Click Start menu and click Settings tab.
2) Click Update & security.
3) Select Windows Update in the left pane and click Check for updates (make sure you have an active Internet connection).

If updating doesn't work try installing the latest drivers for your GPU from the manufacturer's website.

Solution 3. Perform a System Restore or a Clean Install of Windows 10

If your computer still freezes frequently and randomly when you are playing games or doing something else on Windows 10, you may try to either perform a system restore to roll back to the previous version or do a clean install of Windows 10 to find a fix.

Solution 1. Run System File Checker and Fix the Freezing Computer

1. Right-click the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
2. Type "sfc /scannow" into the Command Prompt window and press Enter to run a full system scan.

Leave the Command Prompt to run – this may take between 5-10 minutes. After the process is finished at 100%, if everything goes well, you would get the message 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.' If you see a message 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them', it tells you that you have successfully repaired missing or corrupted system files in Windows 10 with SFC.

Solution 2. Updating all Device Drivers to the Newest

According to users, random computer freezing while playing games usually appears after Windows 10 update. And the reason might be incompatibility of hardware and drivers. To correct it, just update all device drivers.

1) Click Start menu and click Settings tab.
2) Click Update & security.
3) Select Windows Update in the left pane and click Check for updates (make sure you have an active Internet connection).

If updating doesn't work try installing the latest drivers for your GPU from the manufacturer's website.

Solution 3. Perform a System Restore or a Clean Install of Windows 10

If your computer still freezes frequently and randomly when you are playing games or doing something else on Windows 10, you may try to either perform a system restore to roll back to the previous version or do a clean install of Windows 10 to find a fix.
Didn't you read the thread? OP has bent CPU pins so the above won't really make a difference.

As @ussnorway suggested, check warranty.

Pins can be straightened using a credit card or razor and if possible a magnifying glass especially if your an old bugger like me lol..

Back