Windows 7 PC Showcase with Ben the PC Guy

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Ben the PC Guy walked us through some of the coolest PC's in the Microsoft booth. There are so many to choose from with such different features, from high end laptops built for gaming or video editing like the HP Envy to the incredible cut lines of the Samsung 9 Series, to the futuristic dual-screened Acer ICONIA. There is something for everyone.

Follow Ben on Twitter or see more on the Windows Team Blog.

00:25 - Acer ICONIA - Dual multitouch Gorilla Glass screen laptop. We looked at one in the back of the booth since there was a crowd around the one out front. Place 5 fingers on the bottom screen to bring up a wheel launcer or 10 fingers to bring up the keyboard.
02:00 - Toshiba Satellite A665-3D - A fast i7-based gaming laptop with 3D glasses with a retail price of around $1300.
02:33 - Sony Vaio P - 8" screen that fits in a back pocket. It has available turn-by-turn GPS navigation and Verizon Broadband built in.
03:18 - HP Envy 14 - The brains inside the much-feared and arguably dangerous Coding4Fun T-Shirt cannon, the 17" version is my main PC, used to edit many of my Channel 9 videos. Why? Because it's a huge screened beauty with Beats Audio that gets a 7.1 WEI score.
04:05 - Samsung Note PC 9 Series 900X - You've never seen a PC like this before. It's one of the lightest, thinnest 13" laptops in the world. The body is Duralumin aircraft metal which feels both solid as a rock and light as a feather. Backlit keyboard, i5 processor. The screen is twice as bright as what you're probably used to, and for speed - world record holder at 12 seconds boot time. When you retire this machine you could use it to split wood.
05:00 - ASUS Eee Slate EP121 - A slate PC that works as a multitouch device, as a Tablet PC, or with a BlueTooth keyboard. Forward facing camera for video chat and a home button that drives AeroFlip3d.
06:33 - Dell Inspiron duo - Very cool little convertible tablet that works as a laptop and with a push the screen flips around and it works as a touch tablet. It has an optional Audio Station, 2GB of RAM and will play HD movies.

njs.gif

More...

Back