Windows 7 Persistent Code 43 w/video card w/new mobo

Crabby Guy

Using Build 7068 of 64-bit Windows 7, I cannot get a GeForce 9500 GT card to show anything but 640X480 and Code 43. I started w/the GeForce driver for 64-bit Win. 7, fiddled with the video settings in Bios, reflashed the Bios to the latest, etc. Video card worked fine in the last Win. 7 install, 64-bit build 7057 on an older AMD board. I have tried a half-dozen Vista video drivers but no joy with any.

New specs: Intel DP43TF mobo, Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Crucial DDR2, lots of PSU, Windows 7 64-bit build 7068, etc.

Please help! I've got to take this all back to Fry's in a couple of days if I can't get it working with Win. 7.

Thanks!

Same situation with another monitor. However, an old PCI (not PCIe) video card with analog output only does not display any of the problems including the Code 43 notice. This seems particularly odd as the same card with the same build of Windows 7 worked fine with a different motherboard (AMD Socket 939 Opteron). :confused:

I have tried all of the tricks suggested on this forum I can find and I cannot get this to work. Should I buy a different PCIe video card and see if the problem goes away? :frown:

I installed build 7077 with the PCI card in place. After switching to the PCIe video card, Windows 7 was looking for the driver to the PCIe card, which it found from Windows Update, and "Intel 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2E21," which it never found. Intel Download site does not have this listed. Microsoft.com has this reference once in regard to Windows Media Player.

HELP!

Last edited:
Back