Windows 10 Pink & Green Display After Update

Sagun Gautam

My Laptop got update yesterday ie January 2, after the update when the laptop restarted my screen turned Green & Pink as shown in the picture below. this is what i see.
15879317_1738046946220925_2033652240_n.jpg

This is the screenshot, i send it to another PC, and it look absolutely fine.
Screenshot_92.png

Last edited:
First thing I'd try is popping along to your HP support page and update the graphics driver.

First thing I'd try is popping along to your HP support page and update the graphics driver.

Graphics driver have no problem i have used HP support Assistant tool graphics driver is good and up to date, this happed after windows update were installed and laptop restarted.

Graphics driver have no problem i have used HP support Assistant tool graphics driver is good and up to date, this happed after windows update were installed and laptop restarted.
Did you update or re-install the graphics driver after the update was installed? If not I'd try that otherwise you could always pop into your Update history located via the windows update page, click uninstall updates and you might be able to uninstall it. I say 'might' as not all updates are removable.

You could also try System restore if you have it running and a date to go back to..

See if these scans repair the system:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

looking at the new image I would assume that is the default Microsoft driver but in any event a calibrate may solve the issue

Screenshot (514).png

edit; wx image
Screenshot (274).png

Last edited:
Hi

The image looks to me like it's not displaying the green pixels.
Just the red and blue ones.

If your graphics driver is up to date try using the utility to roll it back to the previous one.

First go to Device Manager and go to Display Devices.
Select your device and right click, then click properties.
Click on Roll Back Driver.

If it won't do that, you can try updating the driver.

As a last resort, you can try Uninstalling the device, and rebooting which will make the computer reconfigure the device and the drivers. While I often do this with other devices I haven't done it with Video Cards in Windows 10, but I'm guessing that it will default to the basic mother board driver you get at boot to enable you to shut down, but you may lose the video and have to do a hard shutdown.

Backup your data, you may need to do a refresh or reset, if nothing else works.

Mike

Last edited:
And, if none of these solutions work, you may have a faulty LCD panel and that must be replaced.:waah: An easy way to tell is to hook up a flat-panel external VGA monitor to your laptop's SVGA port (the DB-9 connector on the side or rear of the laptop). If the Colors look normal on your external display, then it's the laptop LCD panel that's failed and it must be replaced.:waah: You can limp along using the external monitor for home desk use; but it you wish to leave your home with the laptop and have the internal display work correctly you'll have to replace that LCD panel.;) Cost is anywhere from $35-$200 for the panel itself which you can buy on ebay or other website online. If you've never replaced a LCD panel on a laptop before, I suggest you don't and pay a professional to do it for you, as it can be tricky and you may never get it back to working order again!o_O

Best of luck,:eagerness:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom