Windows Vista Playback problem with Windows Media Player

Oimi

Extraordinary Member
Hello, I have recently noticed that I have an issue with Windows Vista and Media Player.

When I select "Songs" from my "Library" and I double click on a song, it only plays through to the end of the song and then stops. However, when I play music using my girlfriends laptop in the same fashion using the same program, after the song has finished it continues playback and carries on playing the next song that follows in the list.

I've checked the configuration settings and compared them and there are no apparent differences.

Could someone please shed some light on this for me?

Thank you!

Hmmm..... If you press F3 you can get the media player to check your files for media. Try running it and see if it makes a difference..:)

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

I have already got all my music files listed, I used the search feature to find them all. The problem is that when I have the whole list appear and I double click on one of the songs in the list and it gets to the end of the one song, it does not continue to play the next song afterwards (which is not how Windows Media Behaves on my girlfriends laptop).

I hate problems like this....:confused: The only thing I can suggest for the moment is to search google. I already tried a while ago but will try again later...fingers crossed! :)

Hello ,I keep getting this problem ,and it`s annoying what I found was ........Mine did the same and turned off or it kept telling me no playlists in the Library ......so I made a playlist it takes a little fiddling but you should get the recordings operating one after the other when you SAVE your playlists and remember which document you save it to .:D

Hello, thank you both for your answers (even if one of you suggested I search google, which I did before coming here).

The thing about making a playlist is that this is simply a workaround, I want an actual fix (seeing as this is something that is not a standard behaviour in Windows Media Player). I don't understand how this could be a problem as I have just freshly installed Windows Vista onto my new hard drive, so it's configured to factory defaults.

You could try this (altho' it's a bit long winded) remove your current music library after backing it up. Then reboot and replace the music back into your music folder. Then open media player and press F3 .

If you've already tried this then I apologise..

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately this is something I have already tried.

Try a System Restore to get your windows back to a date when everything was working the way you liked it ,or to recover factory settings . .....System Restore works fine for me ....I`m running Vista Home Premium on an HP Pavillion a1740n,E6300 Duo Processorwith Intel Viiv Technology 2048Ramwith a 320 Ggbte Drive and a whole slew more of goodies .I`m 70 years old and self taught on the pc with 12 years of online experience ......AND I STILL GET PROBLEMS so swing EASY guys .

Hello Leopold, unfortunately a system restore will not make a difference as I have just completely reinstalled Windows Vista.

Back
Top Bottom