Windows 7 Please HELP: Disk Drive Not Detecting or Loading My CD's

Fearless

Okay, so I'm ripping my audio CDs,

and I just had a problem getting the drive to open,

So I looked and saw a tiny hole on the drive, I stuck a paper clip in it and it opened.

Now however I cannot get it to detect any CDs. It will not load anything.

Now I looked and I realized that my CD/DVD drive was not listed on my computer.

Can someone PLEASE link me to Windows 7 DVD R CD ROM drivers please?

Maybe this will help.

Thanks In Advanced,
- Nick

"I just had a problem getting the drive to open,
So I looked and saw a tiny hole on the drive, I stuck a paper clip in it and it opened"

IMO, this has nothing to do with the drivers. Sounds like a faulty burner. But I would first suspect thwe power source. Have a look inside your computer and make sure the cables to the DVD burner are secured.
fwiw- If it is bothering you, your action (above) is normal practise when you get a stuck CD/DVD. It should not have damaged the burner. The problem had already ocurred before that.

"I just had a problem getting the drive to open,
So I looked and saw a tiny hole on the drive, I stuck a paper clip in it and it opened"

IMO, this has nothing to do with the drivers. Sounds like a faulty burner. But I would first suspect thwe power source. Have a look inside your computer and make sure the cables to the DVD burner are secured.
fwiw- If it is bothering you, your action (above) is normal practise when you get a stuck CD/DVD. It should not have damaged the burner. The problem had already ocurred before that.
Well I cannot find the drive on the "Computer" window, so I figured I should try re-installing drivers, but I don't know which ones.

May not be important to your problem, but Windows 7 does not normally show the burner until you insert a disk. Bit of a catch22 there, if your burner is broken.

Back