Windows 7 Please help in recovering my lost drive

john1921

hi friends,i have just now installed windows 7 rc on my computer,but during installation i have accidentally clicked Load driver button(at the stage where it asks for partition,format,new,load driver,etc) and then my D drive button and came back and continued with my installation.After complete installation When i opened my computer there i have seen that my d drive is missing( I had 3 drives c,d and e before installation).That d drive is of 20 gb and it contains very important information,All my college projects and passwords and userids was in that drive and now it is lost.When i checked in disk management that drive is shown with actual used space and in its status it is showing as Healthy (SYSTEM,active,primary partition) ,but i cannot see it or open it to take its backup,

Please friends please help me in getting my d drive back.please,i really need it.
Thank you

HI friends, I recently installed windows 7 on my pc,but during installation I clicked some load driver button at some stage and I think due to that my D drive has been changed to system drive from primary partition and now I am unable to see or access that drive.
Please help me in getting that drive back friends.It contains all my college related projects and some other very important files and i will totally hate to loose it.
Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you epk1950.I will definitely try it.If anyone can give more information about it,it will be really great.
Thank you,

hi friends,i have just now installed windows 7 rc on my computer,but during installation i have accidentally clicked Load driver button(at the stage where it asks for partition,format,new,load driver,etc) and then my D drive button and came back and continued with my installation.After complete installation When i opened my computer there i have seen that my d drive is missing( I had 3 drives c,d and e before installation).That d drive is of 20 gb and it contains very important information,All my college projects and passwords and userids was in that drive and now it is lost.When i checked in disk management that drive is shown with actual used space and in its status it is showing as Healthy (SYSTEM,active,primary partition) ,but i cannot see it or open it to take its backup,

Please friends please help me in getting my d drive back.please,i really need it.
Thank you

When you open disk management will it not let you assign a new letter for your d drive?

I've also combined your two posts as double posting is not allowed and will not get your answer any quicker..

Last edited:
When you open disk management will it not let you assign a new letter for your d drive?

It has not assigned any letter to it.This is the screen shot.plz help me ASAP.
Capture.PNG
29dbj1e.png

Try right click on disk management and run as administrator then right click on drive and assign it a letter.
Joe

no it is not assigning any letter to it in disk management.plz friends plz help me in it,I need it a lot.

Disk Management will not automatically assign a drive letter.

Did you right click the partition and ask it to assign a letter?

Otherwise, use Diskpart - or a free partition manager like this one to assign a drive letter - then Apply

Partition Wizard is a Windows based FREE Partition Manager. It works as partition magic and supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 server and Windows 7. FREE for Home and Business user.

If it is indicated as hidden - select unhide - then Apply

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back