Windows 7 Please suggest Intel mobo for x64 Win 7

Crabby Guy

I'm looking for maximum compatibility with 64-bit Win 7 RC (and eventually RTM, of course) in an ATX Intel mobo with a P45 chipset and E8500 proc. I realize that this may be more an issue of the associated drivers than the hardware itself. Alternatively, please tell me what to avoid. The machine will be used primarily for popular higher-end photo applications and MS Office.

I would prefer that the price be between $100 and $150.

Many thanks.

I would suggest anything in the Asus P5Q family.. The P5Q-Deluxe OR P5Q-Pro to be exact.. their features are numerous and as always their Asus boards so their rock solid and perform champs.. ;) Here's a link where you can check out the whole P5Q family.. :) ASUSTeK Computer Inc. And here's a link to the P5Q-Pro @ Newegg.ca: Newegg.ca - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards It runs for $140.99 CAD so it would probably be less in US funds.. ;)

As for which one's to avoid.. that's a good question.. I'd say any of the entry level boards.. as in the mainstream one's.. I mean if your going to build a rig with an E8500 cpu in it you might as well spend the extra $50 and have a mobo that's going to do what you want it to and then some..

That's what I'd go with.. Hopefully this helps you out a bit..

Back
Top Bottom