Windows 7 Pre-Order Windows 7 Now

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by remtiwk, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mike2k9

mike2k9 New Member

Well, let me clarify a bit. Those machines are currently running Win7 RC without issue. One is 64bit capable and the other is not, so specs is not an issue. XP Pro and Vista HP are what they used to run before I installed Win7. I figure I will re-install vista and xp (unless just the install disk is needed for verification) prior to clean install of win7. I will also probably purchase a full version for my new rig i should have put together by october or november

2. Tepid

Tepid New Member

Yes, you should be able to upgrade from x32 to x64, all retail versions (upgrade and full) will come with x32 and x64 bit disks.

But,,,,

• Running Windows Vista?
    • If you have Windows Vista, you can purchase Windows 7 Upgrade versions. You can do a clean install (back up your files, clean install, and reinstall your applications) or an in -place upgrade (Windows 7 installs over Windows Vista).

• Running Earlier Versions?
    • If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000, you can purchase Windows 7 Upgrade versions. But you must back up your files, clean install, and reinstall your applications.

3. Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd New Member

4. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Senior Member

Here's a link that may help explain what you get.- PC World
    And as I understand it you can use it on one box only.

5. ahud3488@bigpond.net.au

Will this offer at half price be made available in Australia?

6. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Senior Member

I odered two for myself. I heard that it's one. Period. As in one for a particular motherboard. Don't quote me on this as this was a few weeks ago. I hope you are allowed to upgrade your hardware at least once.