Windows 7 Pressing the Hash/Pound/Number key causes shutdown

gavin19

For some odd reason W7 has recently taken to shutting down when I press the # key. It does this even in combination with other keys, like Shift, Alt etc. I don't have much use for the key but sometimes I do use it and almost always forget that it triggers an immediate shutdown. I tried using an app that I remembered using for different reasons in the past called Shutdown Guard but it doesn't seem to recognise the shutdown attempt or try to block it. Maybe it is a fault with the keyboard but I don't have another one to try in it's place. Any ideas?

Have you done any modifications to your system, such as modifying registry and scripting ? Any software that assigns or remaps keys ?

Have you done any modifications to your system, such as modifying registry and scripting ? Any software that assigns or remaps keys ?

I haven't installed any software that I would normally use or edited the registry at all, that's what's so puzzling. I think I'll just try and get a temporary lend of another keyboard to rule my own one out. I wouldn't mind if it done something less annoying, but shutting down the pc isn't very nice :D

Back