Windows 8 Price of Windows 8 Interprise

Sonny

Excellent Member
Does anyone here have an idea what the price of Windows 8 Interprise will be? Downloaded Interprise and had an instant love affair with it. I don't believe I have found a better OS at this time.

Does anyone here have an idea what the price of Windows 8 Interprise will be? Downloaded Interprise and had an instant love affair with it. I don't believe I have found a better OS at this time.

Big problem with Enterprise seems that it will not contain Windows Media Player, but does include some additional server-based features. For cost savings, you may want to stick with Pro. Many people have been asking for one version of Windows for a long time. No doubt group policy objects and server administration will still work great with Pro. I could see Enterprise truly being needed with extremely large offices. Sorry I have not answered this question thoroughly.

Thanks Mike. Interprise does have windows media player. Atleast the RTM version I downloaded has it. I was intending on downloading pro but could not find it. Interprise was the one Microsoft had for me to download.

With access to MSDN and Technet, I have done an installation on my main system, and two laptops, to see how Pro performs. I have not been able to try Enterprise, and was dissuaded when I saw in a chart that, for whatever reason, Windows Media Player was not listed. I thought about whether or not I would ever find myself booting Windows 8 from USB3, and while the thought crossed my mind, I found it highly unfeasible. No doubt, I will test Enterprise in a virtual machine once I have all of my software re-installed. The clean install option was the only viable method for me. Thus far, I am satisfied with the current system. For me, however, the Start Screen continues to be a nuisance. I am more interested in making sure I have the latest version of DirectX and so forth. I have found that there are some issues with Adobe Photoshop CS6 being unable to use graphic acceleration. Hopefully this will be patched. Thus far, I have been careful about what I install/do until I can create viable backups for these systems. I have no doubt that the Enterprise version will be good, and I am aware of the trial version. I believe you will find that most consumers will end up using Pro, but Enterprise is likely a good alternative. No doubt we are dealing with the same code, the same kernel, and so forth, and it is just a matter of what has been bundled in Pro vs. Enterprise. It looks like Enterprise will be targeted directly at corporations that have purchased the software assurance upgrade option from Microsoft (this is quite expensive for the average consumer but not for a mega corporation). I think the big pull of Windows 8 is going to be with cross-platform apps in the Windows Store. For example, the Kindle app also works on Android tablets. That is actually very useful. If I see more of that I'll be quite pleased. So far so good over here.

I will try and check MSDN and TechNet again. Didn't see pro there, just interprise.

Hi, Mike.

It is by no means confirmed, but it is beginning to look like even Pro users will have to purchase the Media Centre (Not Player). I, for one, will not. There are plenty of free media programs out there.

Sonny:

View attachment 467

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems Microsoft has'n announce yet. But I think it may just a little expensive than Win 7 Ultimate.

Back