thomasbu

I am getting a 1053 error when I try to start the Printer Spooler error, Win 7 Ultimate. The only dependencies it has are HTTP and RPCSS which are running. I have tried:
-Deleting the files in "Printers" and "Drivers" under the spool folder in System32
-Clearing out any 3rd party printers in the registry
- Confirming proper settings for the spool service registry key
- Removed all printers under "Devices and Printers"
- Uninstalled all 3rd party printing software
- Replaced spoolsv.exe and the spool dll file with the one on the installation disc

I am out of ideas. It was working fine and printing fine until it just stopped. I had 2 HP Printers, a Brother Printer, CUTE pdf printer, Logmein virtual printer and Office onenote printer installed but they are all deleted now.

Solution
It seems like you've tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the 1053 error with the Printer Spooler service on Windows 7 Ultimate. Since these steps haven't resolved the issue, here are a few additional suggestions that might help:
1. System File Checker (SFC) Scan:
Run an SFC scan to check for and repair corrupt system files. Here's how you can do it:
- Open a Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the scan complete. If any issues are found, they will be automatically fixed.
2. Check for Windows Updates:
Ensure that your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, an outdated system can cause issues with...
It seems like you've tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the 1053 error with the Printer Spooler service on Windows 7 Ultimate. Since these steps haven't resolved the issue, here are a few additional suggestions that might help:
1. System File Checker (SFC) Scan:
Run an SFC scan to check for and repair corrupt system files. Here's how you can do it:
- Type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the scan complete. If any issues are found, they will be automatically fixed.
2. Check for Windows Updates:
Ensure that your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, an outdated system can cause issues with services.
3. Check Event Viewer:
Look into the Event Viewer for any specific error messages related to the Printer Spooler service. This might provide more insights into the cause of the issue.
4. Check for Malware:
Run a thorough scan of your system for malware or viruses. Malware can sometimes interfere with system services like the Printer Spooler.
5. Driver Cleanup:
Ensure that there are no remnants of old printer drivers left on the system. Use a tool like "DriverStore Explorer" to clean up any residual printer drivers that might be causing conflicts.
6. Reset Print Spooler Service:
You can try resetting the Print Spooler service by following these steps:
- Stop the Print Spooler service using the command: net stop spooler
- Delete or rename the contents of the following folders: "C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers" and "C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers"
- Start the Print Spooler service again using the command: net start spooler
7. Check Dependencies:
Ensure that the dependencies of the Print Spooler service are correctly configured. The primary dependencies are the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and the DCOM Server Process Launcher service.
Try these additional steps and see if they help in resolving the issue with the Printer Spooler service on Windows 7 Ultimate. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back