Windows 8 PRINTING - Wants me to go thru ONE NOTE b4 I can print!!!!

craftgirl

I have WIN8 now and just purchased Microsoft Office 2013. I have a wireless printer which was working fine before installing the Microsoft Office.
I am trying to just print a coupon off the internet and it wants me to GO THRU MICROSOFT ONE NOTE every time I want to PRINT <it did this when I wanted to print an email as well> WTF? I don't like this at all.
Anyway to bypass this annoying requirement?????

Thanks!
Nancy --- a FRUSTRATED MO 2013 user!!! GRRR!!!!!

Re: Windows 8/RT App Pick: OneNote

I need help. I have installed ONE NOTE and now I can't seem to PRINT to my wireless printer (I have WIN8). Is this the place to get help with that? I"m desperate. thanks.

I'd like to add that I'm trying to print an email and a coupon online--nothing that is IN One Note. thanks.

Check "Devices and Printers" in the Control Panel and see which printer is marked with the Green Check as your Default Printer.

Sorry Randy I forgot to mention that i'd already pmed the op and the issue's solved:

Ross...
That worked...thanks so much. Not sure why Microsoft has to screw with stuff and make it more complicated. I do NOT KNOW what I'd do without this forum!!! The men in the little white coats would have to 'take me away'. haha.

Many MANY thanks!
Nancy B. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kemical
Hi,

re your recent post about Onenote and printing. For some reason it's not displaying properly in the forum. I need to check as to why this is but in the mean time try this.

Open the control panel, look under Hardware and sound and you'll see written just below 'View devices and printers'. Click on that and then Right click a different printer, to the default OneNote printer and make it the default.
Hopefully that will work. I'll also check on the thread display issue.
Regards
Ross
(kemical)

Back
Top Bottom