problem all video player

I have problem all video player, like flash player, quicktime, window media player, and etc... all time freeze then unfreeze then freeze... Anyone have problem same me? how to fix?

does the MEDIA PLAYER (=the application) freeze or does the video freeze?

Just use VLC from Videolan and I'm sure all your multimedia problems will be over.
Loads fast - plays pretty well evry Audio and Video Codec in the kn own universe and is FREE.

Works fine on W7 both X32 and X64

Cheers
jimbo

does the MEDIA PLAYER (=the application) freeze or does the video freeze?
Both... Like Youtube video will freeze also internet Exloper freeze for few sec I have to click X (close) and will take few sec and they will close.

I don't know why is problem?

Just use VLC from Videolan and I'm sure all your multimedia problems will be over.
Loads fast - plays pretty well evry Audio and Video Codec in the kn own universe and is FREE.

Works fine on W7 both X32 and X64

Cheers
jimbo
I don't want download VLC because wil not work on youtube.

Last edited:
Jimbo is correct in that VLC SHOULD pretty much solve your media player problems.. I'd also sugest getting that, it works extremely well and is Free... ;) If youtube is the only thing holding you back from getting VLC than why not try a different browser... if your using IE 8 right now, than maybe try getting Firefox and see if it works any better for Youtube... If your already using Firefox than try Youtube in IE 8 if you haven't already... If you've already tried both browsers and neither is working out good for you.. than maybe it's a driver problem with your Video Card... ;) Which gpu do you have and which driver did you install for it?....

GomJabbar

Your freezing problem might be unrelated to the video player you are using. Something might be stealing your CPU cycles. Could be your antivirus software, could be a slow or problematic internet connection, or could be something else. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and choose Start Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see what's using your CPU when you are watching your video.

Oddly, I just launched Task Manager and see that the one IE8 page I have sitting idle in the background with a Microsoft Technet forum window open is using more CPU cycles than Opera is with 8 tabs open (including the same Microsoft Technet forum). The only reason I have that one instance of IE8 open is because I cannot post to the Microsoft Technet forum from Opera. I use Opera to search the forum though.

Your freezing problem might be unrelated to the video player you are using. Something might be stealing your CPU cycles. Could be your antivirus software, could be a slow or problematic internet connection, or could be something else. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and choose Start Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see what's using your CPU when you are watching your video.

Oddly, I just launched Task Manager and see that the one IE8 page I have sitting idle in the background with a Microsoft Technet forum window open is using more CPU cycles than Opera is with 8 tabs open (including the same Microsoft Technet forum). The only reason I have that one instance of IE8 open is because I cannot post to the Microsoft Technet forum from Opera. I use Opera to search the forum though.
I check my CPU 0% to 9% when video running.

Jimbo is correct in that VLC SHOULD pretty much solve your media player problems.. I'd also sugest getting that, it works extremely well and is Free... ;) If youtube is the only thing holding you back from getting VLC than why not try a different browser... if your using IE 8 right now, than maybe try getting Firefox and see if it works any better for Youtube... If your already using Firefox than try Youtube in IE 8 if you haven't already... If you've already tried both browsers and neither is working out good for you.. than maybe it's a driver problem with your Video Card... ;) Which gpu do you have and which driver did you install for it?....
My video card driver is good. And I download firefox same problem...

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.