Windows 8 Problem downloading programs & saving files (word, paint etc)

vic

Hi,

I just upgraded my windows XP to windows 8 and I have 2 major problems:

1. Problem with downloading programs. It always shows

An error Occured:
Package ID : Unknown
Path: Unknown
Error Code: 0x80070005
Source: Engine
User: VIC_GATCH\Victor
Context: Restricted

2. I can't save my work progress in my computer i.e paint & word pad etc. Funny thing is it will give out a "No error occured" notification when it failed to save my work. So I can't give you screen shots of my problem.

Appreciate if somebody can help me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Vic,

Please list your system and what media you used to upgrade. It may be the case that a clean or custom install is needed.

Hi Kemical,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Windows 8 Pro and I did not order for the back-up CD since it will cost me another $25.00.

System Type: 32bit Operating System, x86 based processor
Processor: Geniune Intel (R) CPU, T2050 @ 1.6Ghz
Ram: 2.5GB

Hope that there is a way that I don't need the CD.

Thanks

Hi Vic,

let's try this first and see how we go..

Open the charms by moving the mouse cursor to top or bottom right. Click settings, change pc settings and then General. Scroll down and look for reinstall windows. This will remove all your settings,files and apps so back up what you can.

reinstall.jpg

Hi Vic,

let's try this first and see how we go..

Open the charms by moving the mouse cursor to top or bottom right. Click settings, change pc settings and then General. Scroll down and look for reinstall windows. This will remove all your settings,files and apps so back up what you can.

View attachment 837

HI Kemical,

I tried this but when I get to choosing the "GET STARTED" it won't respond. Actually I tried every button in the general settings and they all won't respond.

Back