Windows 10 problem ejecting mass storage device

darkgohan

Problem ejecting mass storage device,this device is currently in use

Close any programs or windows that might be using the device.

Changed removal options in device manager with no difference?

Hoping someone has the solution,as my efforts searching the internet have failed. Cheers dark...

You might try to think of something which might be using it. Such things as Explorer, or Disk Management. Have you attached to some virtual drive or have some software that is using something on the drive. I suppose OneDrive might also be involved if you have it backing up some folders on the device.

You might also describe what type of device it is....

Thanks. I am not aware of anything using it.This is a small thumb drive,that I put movies on to watch on my t.v from my bluray player. Nothing hi tech here. No virtual drive,to my knowledge I have not used one drive,but this win 10 is new so I have no idea.My browser is Firefox....... ya got me? Some research on this question on the net but cannot locate anything to correct the issue. It is thought to be hidden processes or something,but I get lost in the jargon!!! dark....

I would think the utility playing the media was involved. I have seen at least one utility which seemed to mark certain files and took control.

Back