Windows 7 Problem in Update BIOS

engEL3OMDA

hi all

Entered as usual Asus site to search for another publication ..

Down version of the Bios of the Mother Board.

The problem is that the very large size have to update the bios does not explicitly understand what is wrong with this?Is it a mistake from the company?

My Motherboard : P6X58D-E

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P6X58D-E

P6X58D-E BIOS 0803 252,97 (MBytes) 2012.08.27 update

252 MB ... Oo !!

P6X58D-E BIOS 0803
Fixed raid hdd size issue

*Note: Need to updated together with the Driver v10.5.0.1026 for fix the bug(contained the Driver)

This update this important?

Does every time setup windows new I need to install the software that came with the bios update ? ..

"P6X58D-E BIOS 0803
Fixed raid hdd size issue"
252mb is not a bios. the asus website posted the Rapid Storage Technology Driver in the bios section. it's a typo. ignore it. bios updates do not come with software. the bios is for the motherboard only. it has nothing to do with Windows period. only flash the bios if you are upgrading your processor or if you experience non-Windows related problems with your computer's operation.

The zip file contains the bios update (2048 K) and the Intel Driver. I assume because of the note on the download, as was already mentioned.

*Note: Update Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver to v10.5.0.1026 to support full HDD capacity.(contained the driver)

It is strange this update is new and the last one was a year ago. But if you are running a RAID setup, it might be relevant.

The bios update is 803, do you know what you are running now? Msinfo32.exe will show you in the System Summary, bios version and date. I am not expressing any opinion as to whether you should update your bios.......your decision.

Back