Windows 7 Problem posting on forums, keeps scrolling up

MrLuff

Hey, ever since I got Windows 7 I've had a constant problem when it comes to post on forums. When I write to the limit where I have to scroll down.

When I go down to continue my writing, the comment box jumps up to the top instantly by itself. And it keeps doing this over and over which makes you forced to write blindly and it becomes kinda annoying to the point where I simply give up and makes a half assed comment.

Any idea how to solve this, ,or why it does this in the first place?

That's most likely a browser problem, and not a Windows 7 related problem. Which browser (and, though not as important, which build of Win7) are you using? I'd expect filth like IE to act up like this. Try Firefox or Chrome. And if this problem is in another browser like FF or Chrome, simply try another browser.

Ah okey, I'll try using Firefox tomorrow then. I've used IE 8 or whatever edition is the latest. Thanks for the support thus far!

I usually used Firefox but skipped getting it when I got Windows 7, since it interferes with when I open my hotmail and I'm kinda lazy to go into options there.

Hey, ever since I got Windows 7 I've had a constant problem when it comes to post on forums. When I write to the limit where I have to scroll down.

When I go down to continue my writing, the comment box jumps up to the top instantly by itself. And it keeps doing this over and over which makes you forced to write blindly and it becomes kinda annoying to the point where I simply give up and makes a half assed comment.

Any idea how to solve this, ,or why it does this in the first place?
Happens to me under IE7 on win XP. Its a browser issue.

I am having the same problem. I am using Firefox. It does this in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer. I am also having the same problem when I try to do other things offline, such as cleaning up the disk. The window with the list of things to delete comes up, but I can't scroll down and click the ones I want beecause it keeps jumping back up to the top. I think it's a Windows 7 issue.

So far I have: updated Firefox, removed and reinstalled it twice, updated Windows, performed a System Restore, changed the batteries in my wireless mouse. None of these have worked to solve the problem. I am having other problems as well, so I'm hoping Staples will take a look at it for me. I paid for their service plan, so I hope this kind of thing is covered!

Okay, so I followed the "advice" at the top of the thread to check Windows 7 for registry errors, and of course I got this software that says "You have severe damage. Purchase our software now!" Geez, I can't believe I fell for that one. I thought it would actually be a way for Windows to diagnose itself. Silly me.

I finally figured out how to fix my scrolling problem. I went to the Logitech website (they are the manufacturers of my mouse) and downloaded a program called "Setpoint.exe." I installed this, and was disappointed because I thought it was a driver and it appeared to be just some sort of button-controlling tool. It didn't help my problem, until I realized I should probably restart my computer. It didn't prompt me to, but I did anyway. Then I ran the tool and chose "restore factory defaults" for all the controllers. This solved my problem!

Back