Windows 7 Problem with 5.1 surround

Krytpop

hey i have all my drivers and everything working fine. Realtek audio detects my 5.1 and all speakers work . but Winamp only uses my L and R speakers not the sub or anything anyone have an idea?

It seems like you are facing an issue where Winamp is not utilizing all the speakers in your 5.1 speaker setup when playing audio. To troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check Winamp Settings:
- Open Winamp and go to the Options menu.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Look for the Plug-ins section and then select Output.
- Make sure the output plugin is set to "DirectSound output (out_ds.dll)" or "WaveOut output (out_wave.dll)".

2. Configure Output Settings:
- After selecting the appropriate output plugin, check the configuration settings within that plugin.
- Look for any options related to speaker configurations or channel mapping. Ensure that it is set to 5.1 or surround sound mode.

3. Audio Device Configuration:
- Check the audio device settings within Winamp.
- Ensure that the correct audio device is selected, especially if you have multiple audio devices connected.

4. Update Audio Drivers:
- Although your Realtek audio is working fine, it's worth checking if there are any updates available for your audio drivers. Sometimes updated drivers can resolve compatibility issues.

5. Check Windows Sound Settings:
- Make sure that your Windows sound settings are configured correctly for a 5.1 speaker setup.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray.
- Select "Spatial sound" and ensure it's set to Off or Windows Sonic for Headphones (if applicable).

6. Equalizer and DSP Plugins:
- If you are using any equalizer or DSP plugins in Winamp, check their settings.
- Sometimes these plugins can affect the audio output and speaker configuration.

By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the issue with Winamp not utilizing all the speakers in your 5.1 speaker setup. If the issue persists, you may also want to check for any specific Winamp plugins that enhance audio output and ensure they are set up correctly for your speaker configuration.

Back