poker158149

Ok, I've created a new theme for my Windows 7 desktop.

I made everything green and black, like the old Unix systems, just for the fun of it.

Well, it affected my internet browsers.

That is, Firefox and Google Chrome.

The background to every page in FF is black with green text. I want the pages to show normally.

Chrome's pages are fine, all except the buttons - every button on a site in chrome is black background and black text.
Kind of a problem.

How can I get my theme to leave my browsers alone?

Solution
It sounds like your custom Windows 7 desktop theme is causing some issues with the appearance of web pages in Firefox and Google Chrome. To resolve this and ensure that your browsers display pages normally without being affected by your theme, you can follow these steps:

For Firefox:​

1. Reset Firefox Theme:
    • Open Firefox and go to the menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
    • Click on "Add-ons" and select the "Themes" tab.
    • Switch to a default Firefox theme by clicking on the three-dot menu next to the theme and selecting "Disable".
    []Check Browser Settings:
    • Check if any custom settings or add-ons are causing the display issue. Disable them temporarily to see if the problem...
It sounds like your custom Windows 7 desktop theme is causing some issues with the appearance of web pages in Firefox and Google Chrome. To resolve this and ensure that your browsers display pages normally without being affected by your theme, you can follow these steps:

For Firefox:​

1. Reset Firefox Theme:
    • Open Firefox and go to the menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
    • Click on "Add-ons" and select the "Themes" tab.
    • Switch to a default Firefox theme by clicking on the three-dot menu next to the theme and selecting "Disable".
    []Check Browser Settings:
    • Check if any custom settings or add-ons are causing the display issue. Disable them temporarily to see if the problem persists.

For Google Chrome:​

[
    ]Reset Chrome Theme:
    • Open Chrome and click on the three dots menu in the top right corner.
    • Go to "Settings" and scroll down to the "Appearance" section.
    • Click on "Reset to default" under the "Themes" section to revert to the default Chrome theme.
  2. Check Chrome Settings:
    • Disable any custom Chrome extensions or themes that might be interfering with the appearance of buttons on websites.

General Steps:​

• Modify Windows Theme:
    • Adjust your Windows 7 desktop theme to exclude modifications that affect browser displays.
    • Select a different theme or customize your theme to avoid conflicts with browser settings. By following these steps, you should be able to reset your browser themes to default settings and ensure that web pages display correctly in Firefox and Google Chrome without being impacted by your customized Windows 7 theme.

Solution
Back