Windows Vista problem with vista 32bit

tkartik

Hi All,

From last 2 days my pc is going sleep automatically, in the Event Viewer this are the things which i found before going to sleep state.

Event Id Source
---------------------------------

8033 BROWSER
4001 WLAN-AutoConfig
10029 DistributedCOM

Is this a virus? or is there any solution to get rid of this.

Regards,
Kartik
[email protected]

Hi All,

From last 2 days my pc is going sleep automatically, in the Event Viewer this are the things which i found before going to sleep state.

Event Id Source
---------------------------------

8033 BROWSER
4001 WLAN-AutoConfig
10029 DistributedCOM

Is this a virus? or is there any solution to get rid of this.

Regards,
Kartik
[email protected]

I was looking at some explanations for things in your Event Viewer, but I had to stop myself. The Event ID log isn't saying *Why* applications were stopped before your computer went to sleep per'se... It's saying that the applications were stopped *because* your computer went to sleep, meaning that there is actually no error with the programs and devices listed in the log.

Is your computer Idle for any given period of time before it goes to sleep? Or are you working on it and it just suddenly goes to sleep.

When your computer goes to sleep automatically, are you pressing perhaps -- any hotkey shortcuts by accident that make your computer go to sleep? (Like, perhaps CTRL+ALT+F12? or something to that effect? -- That's not an actual sleep shortcut, but I'm just giving an example).

Also, check your power settings. Make sure your computer isn't supposed to go to sleep after being idle for a certain amount of time.

Back